Leaver penalty when team set up? QP

WATAFAQ Am I witnessed!!! THE leaver penalty is counting in QP even if you leave while set up your team??? I just have no words! I play QP for fun sometimes and some maps I find horrible, so I leave withing first seconds, and now I m suspended with 20min??? WATAFAQQQQQ
As I see, Blizztard team is doing everything in their power to decrease player base!

It has to be before you spawn in.
You also have to leave 4 out of your last 20 games to get the penalty.

you can only leave on the hero select screen

once youre in spawn its going to count

idk how it works for being backfilled

No really I was thinking the same. I never leave a match allready starts, or when first countdown is done. I leave only when I see which map is it and spamming ESC so I can leave within 1-2 sec, and got penalty. Is it bug or intendedm IDUNNO

1 Like

i think pressing ESC selects a hero

not sure why

It gives you instantly the Menu screen…

• PS: Backfill you cannt leave. I m knowing that. As I said, I dont leave a match, once Set-up phase is done.
1 Like

My group tested this extensively. You can leave before the spawn room becomes visible without taking any leaver penalty, but once in the spawn room, you will get flagged if you then leave at that point. Backfill players cannot leave without being flagged as a leaver as well.

Wait. What do you mean being visible? Once you got into game, spawn is allways visible

If you only see the character select screen with the 30 second countdown ticking but no spawn room, then you are free to leave without taking any penalty. However, once you select a character and see the physical spawn room, then it is too late to leave without being flagged as a leaver. The spawn room does not appear until the initial 30 second game clock hits zero.

You may not see the initial game clock if your internet connection is too slow, or you backfilled into a game already in progress.

1 Like

Okay, I didnt know that you skip this initial 30 sec when you allready select a hero. I thought leaving within those first 30 sec is allways considered as free leave, no matter if you choosed a hero or not. That can be the case, because sometimes I click fast, and hero is set allready.

Edit: I tryed now, and spawn appears only after those 30 sec. SO why I got Penalty?

If you select a character but the clock still ticks down and no spawn room is visible, then you can still leave before that clock hits zero. Picking the character does not cancel this countdown.

Nonononono. Than its a bug, because I never leave once first timer is away. Really I got 20 min penalty. Yes I left plenty of maps, cuz I was looking for Rialto Attack QP, and was wondering why is the red screen appearing - that I leave so many matches???

1 Like

That red-screen prompt is the final warning stating that you will get leaver flagged if you drop the current game. But at initial game setup with the 30 second clock timer going and no spawn room, I do not get that prompt when leaving.

Than it must be a bug.

This is not true. I avoid 80% of maps some days. I leave 4 out of 5 games on the team assembly screen if I am short on time and just want to play a map I enjoy. There has never been a penalty during assembly in QP since I started playing.

Some days I am playing 4 or 5 games because that’s all the time I have and I may leave 10-15 maps to find those games. I have never had a penalty for leaving in team assembly.

You know if you will get a penalty because it will give you the countdown from 5 on the Yes button in the dialog that comes up. During assembly it still gives you the dialog but no countdown.

There is a bug that if you leave with 1s still showing on the clock you will get a penalty. I raised a bug report about that.

If you are backfilled you always get a penalty for leaving. And in Mystery Heroes there is no assembly screen so you cannot leave without penalty (and so cannot skip maps which is a big PITA).