Leaver penalty … a thread

Fix the horse dookie hero balance and matchmaking and I will stop leaving

1 Like

I didn’t clarify in the op, I was referring to comp. OWv.2 is a joke.

Actually, the penalties for leavers in competitive are reasonable. OP wants unreasonable punishments for random DCs throughout the career of a player.

Sometimes people should think why people leave instead of just hating that they do. I’ll try in every game I play in. Especially for comp. But the moment the team starts getting toxic and insulting I’ll usually just leave. Don’t really care if it’s comp. If you’re toxic players will leave and that’s the toxic players fault.

1 Like

the Devs ego will never allow that
imagine if that would bethe case
their precious data of players opting out that game mode
the realization that nobody likes push and that they wasted thousands of hours into that mess

1 Like

I rarely get leavers in my games, and the occasions when they happen are infrequent enough to be explained by bad lag or DCs, and when I leave games it’s because my team-mates are making the game completely insufferable. Not merely by playing badly, but by playing so incompetently, or so selfishly they make the experience of playing with them miserable.

If you’re seeing a lot of leavers I’d argue your gameplay might well be the through line here.

In 30ish of my Comp games that I played this week, there were 12 matches that had DC/leavers (from either team).

It sux too because I had almost made it to Diamond finally. I went 7-7 and went from Plat 1 to Plat 3. Then went 7-1 stayed Plat 3. Then went 7-3 back to Plat 2.

Several of the games that my team had DC/leavers on, we would have won. In one match we did a whole round 4v5 and only lost by about 15 seconds.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I really do think the solution is for objective progress/payload movement to simply halt until you get back-filled, or if a timer runs out and no one backfills the game ends in a draw.

Solves anyone having to take an L due to leavers or people getting DC’d.

if you dont want leavers play competitve. QP has always been for just jump in and jump out experience.

I have heard that some games pause for a time when there is a DC/leaver, and this would be nice. There is no backfilling in Comp though. Not sure how people would feel about auto Drawing a match if someone DC/leaves. I know it cancels the match if someone leaves in the first minute.

As from my previous post in this thread. I had 12 DC/leavers in a set of 30ish Comp matches. F2P, I feel, has brought the leaver mentality to Comp unfortunetly. If they get banned, they can just create a new account.

I understand, but the five-tier difference isn’t a joke; the matchmaking is terrible.

https ://imgur.com/a/LGsVUaE
https ://imgur.com/a/zaoodW4

what can i tell you, it happens.

They also let you afk the entire match to avoid a penalty.

A player who stays in the match to give enemy team more ult charge is a liability.

The harsher punishment convinces a weak poor-sport to stay in the match (instead of just leaving) and troll their team, because they have already given up.

Harsh penalties don’t make would-be leavers better teammates, it just makes them into extended trolls, thus punishing the team more than just letting the dead-weight go.

I would only leave matches you were in. Nobody should feel obligated to endure that, imo.

2 Likes

They’ll get reported for throwing and end up with an even worse punishment. You’re an idiot.

How’s that grade A personality working out for you? No wonder you get so many leavers in your matches lol. You have to have punishments for people to feel obligated enough to stay and deal with you for a whole match. Enjoy your 4v5, dickhead.

If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen pumpkin.

lol that thread OP linked to the same article that I posted.

I know, we all had matches where it’s one-sided and rarely get evenly skilled team matched.

I’m just saying that’s how Blizzard claims matchmaking works, but I know they are more lenient with matching MMR because everyone’s SR rank is hidden.

I agree. I’m not the one lobbying for harsher penalties because my attitude causes players to leave the match. If you are going to be a dick, you deserve the punishment, not the leavers. Hey, if you can’t handle the heat…

They’re not leaving because of me genius, I rarely talk in chat and if I do it’s on my mic to my group only. (RL friends/family). Some of these people are entering the game and leaving before we even get out of the waiting area. I get that you’re butthurt because you’re a leaving little chump but you’re gonna need a new theory. :wink: You need a safe space?