LC-202 I keep getting kicked and getting suspended and losing SR

Good evening,

Recently, I’ve been getting kicked from competitive games due to a connection fail. I thought it was on my end but I checked everything and tested the connection and everything was fine.

So now I’m suspended, the game thinks I’ve been leaving on purpose which I never do because I love playing comp and I also lose SR.

Is there anything else I can do to help with this issue? Is it the Overwatch server that’s the problem? Can someone contact me please to help my account before I get banned.

Thank you in advanced.

1 Like

LC-202 is the standard error message when your game console is unable to communicate with the game client. This is often due to disconnections either with your router or with the connection route between you and the game server.

PLEASE NOTE: I believe there are active issues for Verizon FIOS customers in the Northeast region of the U.S. If this applies to you, the best option is to wait for the problems to be resolved by your ISP.

Otherwise the next best step is to troubleshoot your equipment for any possible issues on your end:

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

I feel the policy is a bit stupid because of the lack of ability to appeal your suspension in the first place sure there will be some dishonest players but the ones who keep loosing connection even is spectate days get higher and higher suspensions I have a 7 hour suspension just for getting kicked for the almost fourth time in the past 2 days

Hello QuirkyOrc and welcome to the forums. As a future reminder, please avoid bumping topics that are several months old. This ensures that any older problems that have been resolved are not mixed up with any current ones players like yourself may be experiencing.

The in-game Competitive Suspension are not allowed to be appealed because regardless if you leave intentionally or not, you left the game and it harmed the remaining 5 team members on your team from winning the match. Also, by penalizing those with technical issues, they are more likely to take the time to correct those issues before attempting to return to Competitive Play. If you already have the 8-hour penalty threshold, that means you have left multiple matches in the same season and you are not taking time to correct your issues. Please avoid playing Competitive Play until you are very confident the issues have been resolved. If you continue to leave or disconnect from games you may be issued a season ban from that Competitive Season. This will result in the loss of all end-of-season rewards and be banned from Competitive Play for the remainder of the season. Three season bans result in a permanent ban from Competitive Play.

If you need to specific help with your connection issues, please follow these tips or start a new topic (as this one will likely be locked).