Launch goes to black screen

I had no issues with this yesterday afternoon and when I tried to play again last night, it just started with this issue. As of right now i’ve tried repairing / verifying game files as well as fully re-installing the game which did not help me at all.

1 Like

Are you using Razer devices?

1 Like

Yes I have a razer device, but I don’t believe it’s the issue because it worked for the past like 5 months, and it was working earlier in the day yesterday. It just all of a sudden stopped working and nothing had been changed on my pc in that time frame when it stopped. I also have Razer Synapse 3 already along with the settings so it syncs with overwatch

1 Like

Can you add a DxDiag here?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply, not the entire link because you can’t post those.

1 Like

What does it reveal when I post this? Sorry, I haven’t ever done that before so I don’t know if it reveals anything private

1 Like

It’s your system specs and errors you’re encountering. It’s the diagnostic file the staff requests of all new tech support threads, unless it’s connection-related. You can look over the report before you post it.

If you don’t want to post it on the forum, that’s okay. Your other option is to submit that report (plus another) to Blizzard’s ticket system and wait for a response there.

1 Like

Is there any way I could send it on here where only you can view it?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. It will have your computer name near the top of the report, which you can remove. It will show any errors from the software you’ve been using, so unless you have an app you don’t want anyone to see, there’s nothing else to remove. There are many DxDiags posted in the forum but I’m not gonna be bothered if you want to use the ticket system – do whichever is a comfortable choice for you. :smiley:

You can remove the report now.

These GPU drivers from early April had a known issue, so nVidia released a hotfix for them. It should be incorporated in the latest version. A clean install through GeForce Experience is not sufficient, so I recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller first, then getting the new drivers.

Xbox Game Bar – can temporarily disable.

You may be affected by this issue:

A crash from the audio driver. You can download the most recent audio drivers from your motherboard’s website.

Something is causing your Razer drivers to crash also. A reinstall might be in order.

A reinstall of what? Razer Synapse?

That’s the last option I mentioned because it doesn’t tell us why it’s crashing. Since it’s Razer’s software, they would be the authority on what to do next if the reinstall didn’t help. But the other things are more of a priority I think.