Latency over Wifi, but not sure why

I’m hoping someone can help explain or reveal the mystery of latency to me. I’ve been reading a lot of the forum posts as well as Blizzard support articles, but coming up a bit short, so thanks upfront for your help. I got to step 4 here: Article ID: 30274
With a wired connection, I seem to be fine. Over the wireless I have bad latency spikes that make it basically unplayable. So great, but what now? I’m confused because the wireless should be able to handle it, I’m about 15 ft away through one wall with an ASUS PCE-AC56 card on 5GHz going to a TPLink Archer A7 (AC1750) paying for a 250MBPS connection which is giving me 148 if speedof .me is to be believed. So case closed, can’t use wifi? What am I missing?
Thanks in advance for your time / help!

Why not keep it wired anyways?
I mean, if you can, I don’t see that big of an issue.
Does this occur with other games?
Does this occur in normal computer usage (Example, videos loading in slow, etc.)?

Try and see if there’s any interference, or switching around Wi-Fi channels via your router settings on the least populated channel. Your router may have an inbuilt channel usage graph, but most likely you’ll have to get an external tool (Various apps can be downloaded for phones).

Thanks kikiclark! I should try other games, haven’t yet. I can’t notice any difference in normal usage. I know there’s overlap in channels, but it looks like I should be fine there? There are a bunch of low signal quality items on channel 36, a handful of slightly better quality ones on 157, and my router on ‘auto’ is the only one on 149.

Though I’m close, given cable routing up and around a closet, through a door frame, around the perimeter of a room, the cable length is going to need to be upwards of 50ft. Just don’t want to have to do it if wifi is possible, and seems like it should be these days with this equipment…

Do test out other games and possibly even download some games to check the download spikes, and report back.
Also, might sound odd but; got a microwave? If it’s between the PC and the Router, it might be causing interference - had it happen multiple times to a friend of mine.

Will do. Microwaves have definitely caused issues, but none are running in my unit, and even adjacent units, it can’t be all the time.

Looking forward to it. In the meantime hopefully somebody notices a pattern and manages to help out beforehand.

Cell phones, neighbor’s wireless, cars with LTE hotspots driving by… all of these things can interfere with your signal. You can try using a channel that not many people are on in your neighborhood (use a mobile app to help find this). But ultimately, wired is ALWAYS going to be better because there is less chance of interference.