Lacking Solo-friendliness, the biggest elephant in the room

So there are 2 modes that are “single-player friendly”:

Deathmatch
Duel

Mind you, both rotate out and are terribly unbalanced. The rest of the game relies HEAVILY on how your teammates are doing. Especially Comp and QP. Elimination is arguable but its still a team-based mode and is on rotation.

For a game all about accessibility, freedom on what to play that you may enjoy I find this absurd. Nothing for people who want to fight lone-wolf or on their own terms? That is at least decent?

Workshop is our only hope but no one is making modes for solo play besides Delwion’s lovely Loot Quest at least. I mean, I AM making one myself, which you can check out here:

Excuse the shameless self plug, but what really needs to happen IMO:

1. SEPARATE balance for FFA modes. Such as Duel and Deathmatch. Very few heroes in both modes are viable and it sickens me having to play McCree and Doomfist if I want to win ffs.

2. Let us play Archives, Hero/Story Missions (OW2) alone! The matchmaking times are garbage right now and I was discouraged from playing Vs. AI cause of how absurd they are. Even then, balance the amount of enemies to the amount of players like Killing Floor and many other co-operative shooters. That way we can play on our own terms WITHOUT RELYING ON EVERYONE!!

Seriously, give us lone wolves something to dooooo! D:

I always thought a solo only competitive queue would be cool. No toxic groups or people 1000 SR apart skewing the matches.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’d at least like to play PvE alone if anything.

FFA just needs to nerf McCree

Perhaps if the devs were made more aware of the need of a PVE mode in OW1, they’d be more inclined to add one or more for you to choose from. However, I have a hunch that this won’t happen.

1 Like