KOTH is still the most unbalanced and worst mode

2CP is far more balanced than KOTH ever was or ever will be. Both teams get a chance at defense and attack, both teams get a chance at understanding eachother and their styles and switching is actually viable.

Contesting is actually a strategy and not throwing too.

I’d rather play 2CP for a week than have to play KOTH 3 times in a row. The mode is the biggest pile of trash and BS that I have ever seen.

bro 2cp is a mirror map, with both teams fighting at the same time, there is no direct advantage to once specific side.

It literally couldn’t be more balanced. Plus it encourages teamwork, a skill many people in overwatch really should use more of.

3 Likes

I don’t like how while the fight on point is happening the team with point still gets %. The % gain is too fast as well. I’ve had comp games under 10 min which is silly.

It’s not balanced. It’s based entirely on luck on which team counters which - and by the time the first fight is done, the team set up on point has ultimates whereas the other team either has to keep playing into their counters because of ult charge or they have to switch and go into a fight where the other team has ult charge. Not only this, but unlike the other modes, contesting the point is worthless and is throwing as the other team can farm from you whilst also getting their % up.

It’s extremely dumb.

2CP, despite people hating it, is really balanced. Hell, part of people’s complaints is that the map ends in DRAWS a lot. Nothing can be more balanced than a draw.

3 Likes

Well the devs just implied that it was never that great of a mode lol

3 Likes

I mean yeah, it’s a team-based game, my guy. That’s the point.

I think games of KOTH would go on and on forever if the mode wasn’t played how it is now but that’s just me. Minimum two maps played, possibly three, and you have to get the point to 100% every time. That just sounds like it would totally draw on.

1 Like

Probably my favourite mode ngl

4 Likes

Neither do i. Contesting literally stagnates the point/payload in all other game modes - so it makes literally zero sense as to why contesting shouldn’t stagnate the %.

1 Like

I never said people didn’t hate it, I said it was BALANCED.

I think KoTH is actually the most balanced mode as both teams have the exact same chances of Capping the point, because the map is fully symmetrical.

6 Likes

That’s why. If they’ve spent several years debating ways to change it then how is it balanced lol.

Koth is the most balanced mode because theres no spawn advantage. There’s no easy stalling to allow for a fight upset. In payload, snowballing is very easy since you can just push ahead of the payload and kill them 1 by 1. In koth you can’t really do that because everyone is regrouped if you tried that.

100 seconds or percentages is on average 5-7 fights. If you win a fight you win control, its that simple. If you’re being held so you cant touch the point, the other team is just simply better than yours. If the control was stopped when capturing, it would be extremely slow to win a round.

4 Likes

But you don’t have enough time to fight back so it doesn’t matter. Also the maps generally suck and lack high ground.

Balance doesn’t necessarily equal fun, I don’t know how else to explain it. Balance means that using it doesn’t give one side or the other an advantage. It has NOTHING to do with “do you enjoy this or not”. Hence why none of the Moira changes have gone through, even though a lot of people find her unfun. Moira is balanced though, hence why she hasn’t been changed. The devs look at balance and change those things before they look at “is this fun or not”.

Did you even read what I wrote? I was talking about balance the same way you were. They even mention in the dev post that 2cp has issues with snowballing and blowout matches.

But both sides can do that. As long as attack and defense are equal, 2CP is perfectly balanced. The only 2CP maps that weren’t balanced got taken out of the game.

Both sides having an opportunity to snowball doesn’t automatically make it balanced.

1 Like

KOTH doesn’t take that much strategy, the mode is very brawly and you can usually end up winning despite being very chaotic.

That’s called ult economy and exists in every mode. There will always be this kind of ebb and flow. When your team is at a disadvantage in terms of economy, you try to equalize by spending less resources than your opponent. In higher elos, this becomes even more important.

Yes, that’s why you usually take a fight off the point and if nobody wins decisively before it unlocks, the fight moves to the point or spreads out having people contesting as much as possible to prevent the other team getting the first cap. Ilios Lighthouse comes to mind here, you always meet in the middle of the map and then move towards the lighthouse as the fight progresses, unless your team comp benefits from setting up on a small space with lots of cover and brawling/denying poke.

It really just seems that you lack understanding of fundamental concepts of how the game is played. While the concepts are more advanced than what you would see in like, silver or gold, they aren’t hard to comprehend.

1 Like

I’m with you. I love 2CP. Hate KoTH maps the most. Alot of the times all you need to lose is for that one guy to pick Pharah while you charge in without hitscan and you lost the first fight and by the time you regrouped and taken the point they are at like 60% already so you’re playing catch up.

1 Like