Kiriko gets nerfed, but not sojourn

guess they want kiriko players to play more spawn simulator.

I’m also mad/amazed Sojourn didn’t get nerfed but I don’t think the Kiriko change is really gonna have any impact whatsoever.

The live Twitter discussion just said Sojourn changes coming for season 2. Apparently, she’s crazy powerful at Masters+, but underperforming below that.

1 Like

apparently?

maybe they show some stats…

Because she’s a support that can avoid being killed easily, and that’s not allowed anymore.

14 Likes

The window is so short that I wouldn’t even know that it had invulnerability until now, and even then who in their right mind would teleport towards danger?
I get trying to save a cornered ally but 90% of the time I tried to do that I died as well so really, what was the point of this?

3 Likes

It’s the typical buff/nerf a hero that literally is fine and needs no changes moment from them

There is no point. only press buttons. OW things. :slight_smile:

Sombra’s issue was chain hacking, so they nerfed her hack and her damage.
Kiriko was nerfed because… LOL.
Sojourn is untouched.

Classic Blizzard balance.

9 Likes

Honestly if this is true it doesn’t surprise me, its expected of Blizzard to always do the wrong thing.

Exactly. I was just being satirical. xD

Sourjorn OP? Better nerf Kiriko

1 Like

I would not mind if they walked this patch back and sat on it. to re-evaluate.

If these are the quick balance changes we get, they can keep 'em.

It’s funny cause I’d argue Kiriko was a pretty well balanced add. Pretty hard to get value on her, but when you do it’s nice! No one shots. no CC. I can’t say the same for Sojourn. ><

Also, people say her swift step is OP, but it’s dependent on your team, so like it’s far more limited than Sojourn’s ability which is also I think a 6 second cd can be used anytime anywhere other than a few situations (graviton surge)

2 Likes

The one thing that could have seen a nerf may have been the invincibilty on Suzu but aside from that I agree. Meanwhile Soujorn get a ton of damage, mobility, One shot, CC and they think its fine. Gotta sell those cyber detective skins

well i guess ill enjoy “overpowered” sombra for a couple more weeks. nov 15 is a long ways away lol

I mean the invul I can imagine can feel annoying at time. However, lots of DPS characters, tanks etc. also have very annoying abilities that kill people. I think her suzu is quite difficult. Everytime I use it I have no idea if it was the right call, besides it can get eaten by DVA,Sigma, and deflected so like…

Tbf i may have worded it badly, i dont think it needs to be nerfed but if i was asked to nerf something of her i think Suzu would be the one ability to look at.

ah that makes sense.

1 Like

Didn’t see any stats. Hence, apparently.