Kiriko and Lucio mains in control

You love to see it, this change didn’t effect us at all and didn’t so originally either. Love to see it when fun supports are the most effective.

Kiri has been in control for most of OW2s existence. I don’t think she’s ever been bad.

I like playing her but really don’t like her personality. But, I would like her to maybe not be Meta for a little bit. Maybe?

1 Like

I don’t think Lucio’s ever been bad, either. Maybe he was recently? Historically, people avoid criticizing Lucio for reasons I’ll never understand.

4 Likes

True.

I just never think about him for some reason. lol

It’s actually Moira meta until they allow Kiri to two tap

Because he doesn’t enable insufferable sustain team comps like Lifeweaver does for example. He’s just never felt bad to play against so there really is no reason to complain about him IMO.

Lucio was pretty bad if not just mid, for most of OW2 before s9. Except for KOTH maps as he’s the KOTH King. Aside from the first season JQ released and was lucio/queen brawl. When they nerfed queen, Lucio fell off.

Many times in comp I’d have teammates, often the tank, screech to the mountains for me to swap off Lucio. The power of Kiri/suzu, bap/lamp, ana/nade, zen/discord has been multitudes greater and easier value than Lucio’s speed that teammates rarely make use of.

To which if/when I swapped to Zen it was much less of an uphill battle.

He’s eating good now though.

That’s always going to be like that tbh, speed boost requires your team to coordinate to get maximum value out of it, it’s why there are times I feel that playing Kiriko and Baptiste is much more preferable because I feel like I have some agency without having to rely on my teammates to do something.

He was a core part of GOATs.

The difference is that dive is finally the meta since s9 now. Which Lucio is doing great in with teammates to speed in and pounce with him to keep aggression to the max.

If they do something to make poke the meta again, Lucio will probably fall back off down to where he has been for most of OW2.

1 Like

I’m going to be real honest with you here, that was 6yrs ago. I’m more concerned what effects Overwatch 2’s balancing.

I get what you’re saying, but people didn’t complain much about Lucio back then. Brig to this day still gets hate for her part in it, but Lucio has always avoided blame for it. Lucio even has an entire style of composition, rush, dictated by his presence. I just don’t get why the community is weirdly defensive about him.

1 Like

I don’t think we will see Poke being dominant As long as Dive is in a strong spot, as a Kiriko main I prefer it this way due to poke being static and being boring to play with and against.

1 Like

Yeah poke is my least favourite comp. IMO it goes Brawl>Dive>Poke.

Have been enjoying OW much more since s9.

1 Like

I feel like the only people who prefer poke are Sigma, Ashe, and Mercy mains lol.

As a mercy main, i quite like brawl.
No one looks up so i’m safe 80% of the time and my dmg boost actually gets value.

Poke is boring because i only get to stand behind a wall. I just go pewpew mercy at that point because at least then i’m not basically afk.

Dive can be fun too, to fly in with winston and damageboost him, give him that one more second of life he needs to get back out if needed.

1 Like

I’m sort of tired of Lucio pretty much being the must pick in most organised play because of his utility. We have an entire support roster but you can always guarantee that in 90% of cases he’s going to be the must pick. If it’s not Lucio it’s Brig.

Flex support’s also rn stuck on a rotation of Kiri, Bap, Moira purely because of the passive healing they provide in AOE terms. It’s a bit frustrating. Kiri’s rush is probably one of the strongest ults, Window is a heal boost and moira’s coalescence is the same.

I say this from someone who plays comps, scrims etc. Not the ranked ladder where everything is viable. If you’re lucky you may get to play Zen on say circuit royal or havana or long range but tbh we may as well just have 4 supports these days.

On the other hand, Lucio got nerfed at the start of the season. So there’s that.