Kicked out of comp game by overwatch itself and lost sr

So my friend and I were queued for competitive and he disconnected. I found a game after he dc’d and got ready to play. But then he launched Overwatch again and that somehow kicked me out of my competitive game and put me in a lobby with him. I clicked rejoin match and it put me back in the game only to see the game is cancelled message on the screen. So the game was cancelled and I got sent back to the lobby with my friend, but apparently that counted as me leaving the game so I lost SR and that game had counted as a placement. I’m pretty sure this is a bug, because the game shouldn’t cause people to lose SR when it’s not their fault.

"What if it was the server’s fault?

Often we hear mentions of one off issues when we discuss penalties. “What happens if the servers crash or if Blizzard’s ISP has a problem?” or something of that nature. This does happen from time to time, but it’s pretty rare. The system is built to take that sort of thing into account, and periodic issues like this shouldn’t tank your skill rating too much. This is why the first few penalties are lenient compared to later ones. Over time even the Skill Rating drops will even out as you keep playing normal matches. As long as you aren’t intentionally leaving or having tech issues, this shouldn’t affect your account too much."