Keep disconnecting from the servers

This has been going on for about 2 or 3 days now, I just can’t keep a connection when playing. Sometimes it will launch, I’ll find a game, and then pretty much immediately disconnect. It’s not an internet issue, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, restarted my router/gateway, etc.

It’s so frustrating because I can’t find anything online to help. Has anyone else experienced something like this before?

11 Likes

It’s not just you. I can play other online games for hours with no connection issues, but when I play Overwatch I’ll disconnect every 10 minutes. I logged on to complete the pachimari event challenges and can barely go one game without it having a connection error.

3 Likes

Do you have to try logging in multiple times before it lets you in? I tried getting in for 10 solid minutes but got nothing but the bright red “LC 208.001” error code and gave up. Everything I’ve seen online says it’s internet connectivity but when I put in a ticket the GM said they got the same issue and passed it on to developers. They seem aware of the issue but who knows if or when they’ll fix it. Console issues seem pretty low priority at Blizzard.

1 Like

I’m not on console so it seems this issue is on both platforms. I did submit a ticket so we’ll see where that goes. I have tried logging in multiple times, and every now and then it does let me in, just for me to play 5 minutes of a game and be disconnected again. I’ll let you know if I find a solution.

1 Like

I’ve been doomscrolling a bit and it seems that something might have happened with Tuesday’s maintenance that has affected a lot of players both PC and Console. It seems to be similar to the issues they had back in October when OW2 first launched. Hopefully they get it sorted sooner rather than later with a hotfix.

1 Like

I’ve been doing the same and it seemed like all the posts I found with similar issues were around that time as well. I really hope they fix this :[ I miss OW.

1 Like

That’s terrible. At least I finished my battle pass, but now I can’t get the pachimari items. I’ve tried to contact the support and I know they tried to help me, but at the moment, I can’t play the game :frowning:

2 Likes

Been having this problem for 1-2 weeks. I know its not my internet, I’m in discord with my wife or buddy whenever playing overwatch. Never drop a call, never lose connection playing other games.

Game launches? Cant connect to game server. Find game? Cant connect to game server. quickplay, arcade, competitive? Cant connect to game server. Lost almost 1000 sr from disconnecting to games in the first 2 minutes.

2 Likes

I can’t believe this is still an issue. I’ll stay connected everywhere with a stable wired connection. Won’t even get a lag spike or change in latency, it just disconnects me mid-match.

2 Likes

Yep. Got in a chat with support yesterday, they told me to repeat all the steps I’ve already done and if that doesn’t work, send them files I already sent lol. Lets hope it gets fixed next patch.

Last week my ping goes from 35-38 to 350-400~ every other game. Does anybody have this issue and maybe have some solution? I did everything that support advised but so far no change. Its so frustrating and dissapointing. Match could start well about 50-60 ping but suddentrly in the middle of fight it goes up to 600.

That seems to be how it’s been going for everyone. It’s like they refuse to admit that they have an issue with the actual game and keep trying to get people to troubleshoot a thousand times with the same steps. Even after people say they’ve gone through all the steps, support seems to just tell them “tough luck”. It’s been an issue since 2’s release basically so I’m not sure if/when they’re going to fix it. Hopefully soon.

2 Likes

This has been going on for so long for me. I keep getting disconnected and the worst part is I always get like a 10 second red warning that I’m going to get kicked out and sometimes it will even ask me to type my email and password so I’m forced to restart the game, but the worst part is I can’t rejoin most of my matches. It’s so frustrating to get disconnected over and over and over and I don’t like to leave my teammates in a 4v5 situation.

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue. I’ve been having it since the game released. It’s definitely not anything with my connection because no other game does this except Overwatch 2. I never had this problem in the original game. What happened?

It’s frustrating to play this game when I’m having lag spikes up into 300, 400, sometimes even 600 and because it’s dipping my fps at the same time I end up getting timer’d and booted from the match. Not even Cox’s Elite Gamer program is helping me with this.

I deleted crash handler 64 to see if that helped, and it did…sort of? I still got booted because loading into a game is absolutely atrocious. I wanted to try and get the One Punch Man stuff as I’m a huge fan, but this game is near unplayable for me. I’ve had the game since they gifted it to me for free some time after launch of OVW 1 and spent at least 730 some odd hours in the game over the years. Please. Someone fix this. I want to enjoy time with my friends.

2 Likes

This happened on me today. I can login to BattleNet but when I try to start Overwatch, it says the connection is down. The most wired thing is, it cuts the internet connection from my computer. I can’t even browse Youtube. Another observation is, everything is fine when I use the Internet with the hotspot of my phone.

1 Like

I disconnect every 6-7 games. I’m wired in. Never disconnect any other game but this one. Also my Xbox is almost unusable after I get the disconnect error. It goes super slow. I even bought a series x and this issue still hasn’t gone away this game is really bugged.

Blizzard needs to fix this I can’t play overwatch at all any more

2 Likes

I keep getting disconnected from games, and not being able to get into games when it says that they are found in queue. But even worse; I was in a competitive game, and someone else on my team dropped out of the game, and the match shut down after the short countdown… but then I was penalized for leaving early! I didn’t leave. That, and getting dropped out of servers, has affected my SR several times now. Cool.

2 Likes

I got a solution but I guess we have different causes due to the problem. I share my solution for your reference. I tried again this morning and it keeps the same. Then I change the name (SSID) of my wifi. After that, everything goes fine. I don’t know how this stupid bug triggered.

1 Like

I have this exact issue, got the series x as well and it still happens.

This has been happening for me as well the past few days. Hopefully it will be hotfixed soon.