Just paid $215 for the Blizzcon Winston skin

For every person that doesn’t give blizzard money, there will be two who ‘accidentally’ give them five times the worth of a AAA video game.

I got it on eBay from a gouger. Blizzard got their money for this particular virtual ticket a long time ago.

Yeah it’s a dumb purchase, but I want it. I’m a grown man and I work for my money, I also waste lots of money at my local watering hole so I’ll just stop that for awhile.

3 Likes

No dont worry my son plays about 4 hours a week on ps4… breakdance career at age 14 international… travels the world, danced for jennifer lopez (battledroids, world of dance 2019)

Desman (bboy desmonster) battledroids crew look him up instagram :wink:

He travels from NL to belgium 6 days a week for 5 hours training a day (i wish he would go less but hey its his dream)

Invited for the olympics in a few years, allready signed for team NL (yep its a official sport now finally)

And with very good school results as well…

500 spended on skins isnt that bad, i rather give him that then paying a doctor for him to lose weight becuz he sits in front of the tv/pc 24/7

So as u can see, im not “one of those parents who buys happyness, i learned him how to find his own happyness nd he is living it to the fullest :slight_smile: and im right there next to him on his journey, with some useless game skins here nd there :slight_smile: becuz i CAN
Ty :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve considered doing something similar for a MoP challenge mode skin for my monk in WoW. But I can’t justify it when I am so poor.

I hope this purchase brought you happiness.

“I think that squid needs more seasoning”

1 Like

If people think this is a high price for a Blizzcon code this is nothing compared to the first ever Blizzcon reward (Murky), which is up for nearly $5,000 currently… and people still buy the pet simply because it’s so unbelievably rare and special.

…I wouldn’t invest that much into a game that is nearly 15 years old, WoW probably only has about 10 - 20 years max until either development stops or the servers stop for good… there is only so much story you can tell (unless they bring out new Warcraft RTS games)

I’m sure he regrets it right now.

I am unsure how to react to this post. Which is odd, because I always have a snide response.

Why would you spend that much on a skin that you got for free with a blizzcon ticket that hundreds of thousands of people alread bought anyways? I assumed everyone had this skin?

What in God’s holy earth did I just read?

1 Like

I used to buy boxes each event so at the time I didn’t want to pay for just 1 skin… lol @ that looking back. But I haven’t bought boxes in 2 years… w/e. I have like 50 free OWL skins so whatever. Like I said, I won’t go to the bar. I guess no one in here understands trade-off. I have 0 debt, decent savings, and a fully paid off 2013 car that I bought new.

2 Likes

Her kid breakdances. Not hard to understand.

Sure, it’s your money. If that skin is worth $200 to you, rock it out and play some Winston.

I’m not sure how much I’d pay for Demon Hunter Sombra if Blizzard came out tomorrow and said they decided they were no longer going to release it publically this year, but it’s probably more then I’d like to admit.

1 Like

Yikes

1 Like

Wow, you’re even worse with money than I am.

I mean. Bar is 10x funner than a videogame skin but whatevs

And yet, they’re re-releasing WoW Classic, which will likely follow the same path regular WoW did on its upgrade cycles, etc. Since everyone already has the content, it’ll last another 10+ yrs after it should have died out.

Seriously, Blizzard make make some decisions we boggle at, but in the grand scheme of things, they know what they’re doing to keep that cash cow well fed.

1 Like

i say if you got the money why not you’ll make it back in no time when you have no debt and everything paid off and isn’t that what we work for to get things we want and enjoy life and make sure your kids are token care of when your gone. i’m just wondering how you got it on your acct…was it a code that he give you cuz when you buy it your signed in to your acct.

i’m still mad i never got the bastion blizzcon skin

the only skin i’ll never have, and no i don’t spend 400+ € on ebay for a code that might not even work

It’s the best BlizzCon skin. Good taste. Sorry you had to spend 200$ on it tho