Just nerf Mercy for perfect balance

Every other hero got nerfed besides her pretty much

This is a joke right?

You all are falling for the bait, Mercy is FAR from being OP since she cant even do her advertised job, which is healing the team.

I mean Mercy is supposed to be the franchises staple healing healer doctor/combat medic of the game

But you people can latch onto the Mercy Pocket nonsense all you want I guess, nobody gives a crap anyway, its obvious since damage boost is all everyone cares about.

I do disagree and stats do too.

if Mercy was as balanced as you say, she would not be meta from bronze to GM.

Also, if this was remotely true. Mercy would have not been part of every single meta for the past year or so.

Time to realize that not even Ana (who was allegedly broken by a lot of Mercy mains) can say this.

is Mercy OP? Heck, no.
Does she need adjustments? Heck, yes!

OP has potato aim and cant hit a mercy.

Citation needed.

I’m looking at Overbuff right now and I’m seeing Mercy being ahead in picks on Bronze. They’re about equal in Silver. Ana is ahead from Gold to Diamond. Even again in Masters, then in Grandmasters, Zenyatta has a significant lead on both.

5 months.

Exactly 5 months ago on August 13 2020, Brigitte, Orisa, and Sigma all simultaneously got very significant nerfs and Roadhog got a significant buff. Which finally killed off Double Shield.

Before that, Double Shield reigned since 2-2-2’s release. Prior to that, Goats was in full swing. Both metas that Mercy had exactly zero place in.

Just because every other support in the game got massive nerfs during those two periods does not mean that Mercy is OP now. It means that Blizzard overnerfed her competition.

She does, but not for the reasons you are stating, or probably the direction you are meaning. This is a really old thread of mine, but exactly zero of the issues I brought up have been addressed… so yeah.

Why Mercy needs another rework - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

…and she wasn’t. She legit fell out of meta when Double Sniper tanked.

She wasn’t used in GOATS, she wasn’t used in Double Shields…heck when Dive came back for OWL she wasn’t even used then-replaced with Brig!

So… “part of every single meta for the past year”-no.

1 Like

With that she’d be practically unplayable honestly. She’d die so quickly that she’d never be viable pick.

1 Like

she was not in every single meta, the only one that was effective with mercy was moth meta. And bronze do not care about the meta.

1 Like

yeah no kidding lol, if that change were too happen i would just quit maining her

1 Like

It’s also every character’s default interact in Apex Legends. Everyone can revive, and there’s no cooldown for it whatsoever.

I’m not fond of Mercy’s kit as it is right now, but your argument is incredibly flimsy.

She was meta in OWL finals

Playing her often doesn’t equal being meta. Playing her 100% of the time would equal meta. Not saying moth meta pickrate, but she defiantly isn’t the most unbalanced nor even is.

Would just hide more, that’s it. It’s sad day to condemn teammates to death and suffering, but guess it’s how it should be.

what do you mean…?

Well, more hiding means less healing, so teammates would drop like flies.

1 Like

Well yeah, that kind of situation would only occur during a throw, a team wipe, or back when mass rez was a thing.

This is a joke right?

She NEEDS to have better healing because supporting her team is all she does. She has no offense unlike EVERY other Support. She trades offense for better support.

If you nerf her healing/survivability there’s literally no reason to ever play her over someone else. She’d be strictly worse than everyone else. I’d argue she already is because support alone doesn’t win games. Trading off that offensive pressure is a HUGE downside.

You all need to stop complaining and learn how to play the game.

“Oh no, Mercy is getting so much value!”

THEN SHOOT HER FIRST. That’s how the game has always been played.

Too evasive? Can’t shoot her? That’s a you problem. Get better and stop complaining.

Mercy mains are some of the most dedicated and practiced one tricks. They know what they’re doing. Stop handicapping them because you think they have no skill.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it any better.

Someone is always made overpowered thou. Like look there are two things going on with mercy. HP/s being to high make her waaaaay to good at pocketing. Second to that 30 sec Rez is just broken. People can try all they want, more of those Rez are going off than they get blocked and it ain’t for lack of trying. Protecting a Rez is just easy and reading back line is also easy and it’s every 30 second. In tight matches a Rez wins the game plain and simple, it invalidates your opponents skill of getting the picks and turns fights around every 30 seconds. What is the win rate now for no mercy vs mercy team btw? It’s sure creeping up there.