Just enforce a 2-2-2

Enforce it game-wide or just in OWL, easy solution to eliminate GOATS.

6 Likes

At the very least 1-1-1 and 3 flex

2 Likes

Just in OWL. I’m a semi-flex main.

3 Likes

I really can see this coming in some patch.

Jeff gave an explanation why forced comps are a bad idea today…

No, that’s too limiting. Simply stop 3-3 stacking and that’s it.

If you pick 3 heroes of one class, you can’t pick 3 of another nor can you pick a forth.

3-2-1 still available, 3-3 and 4-2 are not.

His explanation was that he thought players would self-regulate themselves, which never happens.

Complete disconnect.

3 Likes

For OWL a much more appropriate resolution would be a ban system. No roles should ever be enforced in the normal game. You’ll just get people to leave the moment their role is unavailable.

1 Like

Oh cant play dps time to throw.
Oh cant play healer time to throw.
Oh cant play tank time to throw.

1 Like

I prefer 2Flex-2Tank-2Heal, and solving GOATs through balance.

Such as removing the Stun from Brig, and giving her different buffs to compensate.

They clearly can’t solve GOATS through balance. And any balance they do at pro level play can have a large detrimental impact on the rest of the playerbase.

No they wouldnt because consecutive leaving will result in bans even perm bans

And thats what the report system is for. enough reports and bans happen. Even Perm bans can and will happen.

Leaving before the match starts in any mode aside from comp has no penalty. For comp if people don’t get the role they want they’ll just throw instead.

read above post please

Then he responded how they worked on fixing that by making less specialized heroes. I think they’ve learned a lot since 2016, it’s their first shooter after all.

1. You can’t report players who leave, so “read above post please” only applies to comp
  2. How do you know that the player is purposely throwing unless they say so in chat? If someone is too slow to lock in their DPS role and isn’t very good at playing healer, are you going to report them because you think they’re throwing, just because the system that you want prevented him from playing his best?

Well, if they need to disallow GOATs they could just limit Healers to 2.

You will find that in just about every area of life, the easy solution is almost never the best solution.

And it barely works as it is. No need to add to it.