Just as i predicted McCree is now the target nerf dps after hanzo was nerfed out of viability

How has hanzo been nerfed out of viability?

6 Likes

with his projectile speed nerfs and his storm arrow damage nerf.

look at any stat on overbuff.

he has below average winrates in every rank.

if you think having underperforming winrates is viable I donā€™t know what to tell you.

3 Likes

I actually think that they should leave McCree alone. Yes, heā€™s meta, but Soldier is getting a buff. And honestly, I think Soldier could take McCreeā€™s spot. We should wait and see how the PTR patch affects things when it goes live.

2 Likes

^This :100:%

5 Likes

The thing that these complainers dont get and cant wrap their heads around , even after Blizzard themselves constantly tell them otherwise is thatā€¦
Blizzard themselves want the game to be sped up, for fights to be more engaging , for things to die and not be almost impossible to kill.
Just like they said when they had the shield nerfs. This was obvious with the healing nerfs as well.
Also with 2-2-2 to get away from comps like GOATS.
Took away the power of double shield, etc.

So may hints and Blizzard hitting you over the head over and over , that they want the game to be faster, more exciting, things to die faster, etc.

And still you have the same group of DPS complainers making threads nonstop like if they cant take a hint. Get a clue already, Jesus.

5 Likes

The only thing that needs to be changed is reverting the ROF buff, heā€™s fine other than that.

2 Likes

100% agreed.

it so obvious they want the game to speed up, but most supports and tanks want this to be mobawatch from what ive seen. Thatā€™s why they are so against 132. because its fast paced. because healing cant keep up with the damage, and the fights are fast and you get hit hard.

why. give me a single well thought out logical reason why.

3 Likes

I mean thatā€™s what happens when you hit meta. You are seen as the target for nerfs. If theyā€™re at the top theyā€™re considered to best heroes. So McCree is subject to a nerf. Along with rein, Dva, Mei, Ana, and Lucio. This is how the game works.

1 Like

Ok and he is not the only character with a negative winrate

1 Like

Donā€™t lump Rein with McCree. Reinā€™s winrate is absurd for his pickrate.

2 Likes

Tanks and supports wants all dps to be trash tier.

5 Likes

moving the goalpost?

But theyā€™re the best strat. So I can and I will.

I think what they are saying is McCree is just there because hes the least trash dps currently, while rien is there because hes ungodly strong

1 Like

No rein is there because the other main tanks were nerfed hard. Same thing with McCree. Hanzo got nerfed and he took the spot. This isnā€™t a new concept to overwatch. Happens almost every month.

6 Likes

I mean rien got some pretty good buffs with his steadfast passive, even before the other tanks were nerfed he had his own niche as a sub in double shield

Yeah, and a good chunk of the complaints I have seen are from DPS players, not Supports or Tanksā€¦ but letā€™s scapegoat Supports and Tanks, shall we? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Itā€™s a matter of different roles rewarding different things. I think tanks are of a split mind. More aggressive tanks are more OK with the faster pace changes while more defensive tanks are not. And of course all tanks want to be hard to kill, itā€™s part of the fantasy of being a tank. For supports, keeping things alive is the job. So, it feels like you are failing when things die. Itā€™s not true of course, but I get why it feels bad. Things do need to die. Unfortunately for support players, the game is healthiest when they die first.

Rein is there because heā€™s his own best counter against his ult and he has 70% movement speed with shield up, and canā€™t be booped. Steadfast and his shield movement speed being toned down a bit wouldnā€™t destroy him.

5 Likes

Exactly. And again another hint to these people by Blizzard themselves is Hero Pools.
These same moba crowd, made another cheese comp that relies on heavy sustain and shields , like using Mei as basically another tank, are the ones that make it so Blizzard HAS to implement restrictions to these comps that deny the game to be fast and exciting.
And another hint with 1-3-2. They are constantly doing things to get away from the moba nonsense and more into people actually be able to solo carry if you are good enough.

1 Like