Just a little note about Mercy

After the Blizzcon weekend, it’s pretty obvious that Valkyrie isn’t going anywhere and that the devs are very happy with where Mercy is in terms of her kit.

I’m saying this with only love, but I think it’s time for everyone to accept the Mercy that we have. Yes, it’s been a rocky road, with a bunch of ups and downs but Mercy is still picked in the highest tiers of play and we can see her often in competitive play.

I know that a lot of Mercy players aren’t happy with the changes because she’s “unfun”, which I understand; but at the end of the day that factor is subjective, and if a higher amount of players find her to be more enjoyable to play with and against, then this is what the devs will go for.

It’s the same hero, same backstory and same charm. I just think it’s best for everyone to accept her and try and enjoy her to the maximum. If you really can’t enjoy her, then you have the option to play 28 other heroes and many more to come. You’ll find someone that suits your play style other than Mercy, don’t worry.

20 Likes

Doesn’t matter for me. Game is all but dead and it doesn’t seem worth playing any more.

8 Likes

Unless you’re a support main. Then you have five options.

If you’re looking to be a proper healer, you have two other options.

If you’re masters+, you have one option.

Healer meta is god awful right now.

39 Likes

OK.

We can still talk about tweaks to her kit though :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I think it is inaccurate to assume the developers are following that metric.

I think you’d find that plenty of other characters aren’t fun to play with or play against and have remained intact without significant reworks.

7 Likes

I’m all for supporting Valkyrie if they rework it to be more active and engaging.

No more chain beams, no more spectator mode. Give her the ability to Guardian Angel wherever she wants instead and make her single beam really strong.

Right now, it’s just passive and kind of mindless. It’d feel a lot more impactful if they made it more involved mechanically.

14 Likes

Why are you in this thread lol

5 Likes

nnnggggg give it to me. >.<

4 Likes

I accept that Mercy will not receive any additional significant changes from here-on. I think debating reworks etc. is meaningless. I don’t agree that Mercy still has her charm. Whether you like her kit or not I think a lot of the charm with Mercy has been lost together with the hate that has been thrown back and forth. If the change in play-style did not strip the charm from Mercy then the community did.

And if you’re like me and don’t want to play Mercy but don’t want to play any other hero either you can just not play Overwatch at all.

5 Likes

if you’re masters+, which one isn’t viable?

all three mains supports are played a lot lol

2 Likes

Moira and Mercy are already fading into obscurity when you get into masters. When you get into Grandmaster, you will be flamed for picking them. I’m not sure how a near 90% Ana pick rate is leaving room for others to be played a lot.

19 Likes

Moira and Mercy’s combined pickrate in Master is 4.59% vs Ana’s 14.37%

Moira and Mercy’s combined pickrate in Grand Master is 1.85% vs Ana’s 15.45%

18 Likes

What backstory? Lol the lore part of OW is the weakest thing about this whole franchise

2 Likes

I would guess this is because at those levels, the aim talent is very high; and Ana becomes stronger (or weaker) in direct relationship with the aiming talent of the player who has selected her

1 Like

Yes and no
obviously if you do not like the status of a hero, do not play it, do not hurt yourself, among other things, there are other heroes who are very well.

but on the other hand, you have paid for a game and you deserve to give Opinion

Try to stay in the same perspective of those who only and only paid the game for Mercy, I do not say that you put aside, but remember to think globally.

imagine that your main has had a rework that promised a lot but in the end, they nerfed practically all the parts of the hero and in the end really nothing has been resolved, the reasons for the rework are still there.

We all have the right to comment, yes, but at the same time I think it is necessary to leave things clear, the most important when it comes to exposing feedback about Mercy, are the Mercy Players themselves.

we have to take into account Mercy’s history, through the Meta, in order to have a better perspective of what is wrong and what we can improve.

but the last thing he would accept is a “Surrender, they will not listen to you”

Every voice matters

4 Likes

This unrelated random post made me lol hard, you the real mvp.

That means rez on E is staying?

Well shoot.

I didnt know that ana was able to split herself into three.

6 Likes

Mercy was pretty unique with her almost exclusive pacifist playstyle. Any other hero needs to do damage to contribute to the fight. There just isnt a good replacement for Mercy in that regard and if the devs want to stick with this failure instead of listening to the feedback they asked for people will keep being mad.

10 Likes

The current version of Mercy is deeply flawed.

I hope for the sake of the game that they are still looking into how to fix her.

7 Likes