Junkrat 1-2 combo is the new scatter arrow

What part of my comment only limited it to “Junkrat in backline”? These are multiple scenerios my guy

They did give him the 130 mine because of GOATS, same with Mei multi freeze,

His mine does 120 damage still, it even has falloff.

It’s his grenades that do 130 damage.

There's a second opinion for you.
2 Likes

Well if he’s not flanking, then you should be able to see him coming right? If a Junk walks right up to you and he combos you, there is a lot you could’ve done to prevent.

If you don’t mind, can you give me a specific scenario and I’ll try to help.

Mei multi freeze was way back in early 2018, before Brig even existed. If they truly gave Junkrat buffs from GOATS, they would’ve reverted him or nerfed him after like they did with Reaper or Doom. And yet, they still buff him :thinking:

1 Like

130 Grenade my bad 10 char

Both his mines and nades are projectiles though, meaning there are plenty of defensive/evaseve abilities one can use in anticipation of the damage.

So by the way, did you notice this?

2 Likes

Why does your team allow him to freely flank you?
He doesnt have any mobility beyond using his mines which a) makes it super loud and obvious and b) makes him lose it as a finishing tool.

1 Like

130 grenade and Multi freeze was to help counter GOATS meta if you played with those chars. All dps got a Damage buff to counter GOATS meta to try and eliminate it but they went ahead and did 2/2/2 instead

I don’t think they nerfed most DPS back after the GOATS damage buffs, only one I can recall is 50% hp steal reaper.

There's a second opinion for you.

Interesting coming from a Doom main upset that if a player flanks, then burns all their big cooldown escape options as attacks, they can get some easy kills.

3 Likes

nobody on forum : junkrat need buff
balancing team : what ? did i heard you guys wanted junkrat have two mines ? OKAY

1 Like

I seriously dont get whats the fuzz about. Junk is nowhere near being meta. He gets outranged and killed by almost the entire dps cast.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you are only thinking of a choke scenerio but this game has way more instances where junk can flank and still be safe from some that comes to mind on the top of my head.

3rd point hollywood defense
2nd point Enubis defense
3rd point eldorado attack and defense
1st point route 66.

If you go for an off angle and run into a junkrat doing the same thing you cannot react and die instantly, just like you would if a hanzo used a scatter arrow at your feet.

At least doom he has to use all your cooldowns or reaper you can react and counter play, But Junk? Naaaaah

Revert his damage back from 130.

im totally okay with two mines but why they haven’t revert his immunity to his own grenade ? so junkrat playstyle isn’t being too crazy

oh yeah congrats being featured on stylosa video man

1 Like

Because you can dodge his shots at medium range, and he was killing himself at close range.

Which left almost no range you could actually aim your shots.

And even if you could, all a Tank needed to do was walk into you, to kill you.

For reference, his projectiles move at half the speed of a Pharah rocket, and do not explode on contact with the ground.

1 Like

Not sure which rank you are but especially on long range maps such as Hollywood and route 66, Junk is pretty bad. If you know they run Junkrat and you didnt scout where he is, then dont run into enclosed spaces where he could set up. Sounds really like an awareness problem more than anything else. Whats the Junk going to do unless you run straight into him?

1 Like

I said nothing about range, I said flank, you originally said flank and I answered that, what does that have to do with range.

A single pick will outweigh any range trash damage, and those are areas where an easy flank can net an easy kill

In understand that you mean flank, but Junk doesnt have the tools too sneakily flank. Hes pretty easy to scout where hes coming from. Thats why i said its an awareness issue. You then rotate away from his flank and outrange him.

Rotate is fine, calling him out when you see him is fine, having an unreactable to hit that doesn’t require any other tools than a miss is not. I would say there’s McCree Flash Bang Fan the Hammer as that’s really annoying too, but at least McCree’s is compensated with low mobility.

It’s not so much the D tier as it is the annoying useless skill of it all. The same thing people said about Doomfist. It boggles my mind.