Junkerqueen skins: game vs trailer

Take notes Queen Elizabeth II

1 Like

You guys are talking about the clothes but her face model is completely different too. The Jawline, the eyes, even the little gap in her teeth. It reminds me of Widowmaker WAAAY back in Overwatch’s 1st cinematic trailer.

I’m hoping they change it to match the one in the cinematic, personally think its the better of the two

1 Like

I do like the cinematic outfit a bit better in some aspects. That rubar armor is wicked, but the omnic skulls are no joke either.

I do wonder what her official concept art is, though. I know for heroes like Moira and Sombra, their concept art was more pronounced than their eventual in-game model, and I’m wondering if similar liberties lead to differences between her cinematic/game models.

Oh, her majesty sucks the life force out of the people surrounding her :smiley:

1 Like

Assuming we will still get standard skins to unlock for each hero that doesn’t require money, then the cinematic 1 is likely an epic or archives skin, maybe a legendary.

1 Like

The outfit from the cinematic is from the past, while the in-game one would be a present-day version.

Certainly possible to include an “origin” skin; they’ve done it before with a number of heroes.

1 Like

Nah she just splits her soul into multiple forms of currency over the years to prolong her life. It just makes it near impossible to destroy fully.

1 Like

I don’t really agree with this video, but there’s this

1 Like

I don’t agree with the video either, but I do agree with one of her points. For a punk-aesthetic gladiator, something doesn’t quite catch the eye for me.

I think it’s mainly to do with her colour palette.

• Reaper is black.
  • Tracer is orange.
  • Winston’s black & white.
  • Bap is teal & orange.
  • Cassidy is crimson & brown.
  • Lúcio is green & blue.
    etc…

Meanwhile, Junkerqueen has red, yellow, black, white, and 2 shades of blue.
Most other heroes have 3 colours max.

I think they’re trying to make red & blue her colour combo, but it’s a bit subtle, and is not clearly communicated in her cinematic. I would have liked seeing her outfit reflect these colours more loudly.

1 Like

Um I just opened up OW to look at Cass skins. I have Grey, Brown, Yellow (Vigilante is hideous), Red (Lifeguard), some whites, and many with blues mixed in.

Edit: I forgot the neon green in the undead skin as well

Yeah, but I don’t recall many skins being more than 3 colours at once. Cassidy’s default look is red & brown, but even his undead skin doesn’t go have more than black, green, & purple. 3 colour limit at a time.

JQ’s default look has 4-6 featured colours in relatively equal proportions.

The only skins I recall having more than 3 colours heavily featured are like Mask Dancer Ana and Moira.

I look forwards to seeing JQ’s alt colours, though. I expect they’ll look more striking.

1 Like

I would assume that has more to do with the wasteland style of taking what you can versus building a cohesive outfit so in this case it would serve her character to have an outfit that looks like multiple different outfits put together.

2 Likes

True.
But Junkrat is like all yellow.
And Hog is yellow & black.

They’ve got pretty clear colour palettes.

It’s a minor point. I could have seen more blue & red used in her outfit, but it’s not a big deal.

1 Like