June Joust, No OWL token drops

With the start of the June Joust yesterday, 06/10/21 there has been no viewership rewards/ tokens in-game. Many others seem to have reported this same issue.

This is from watching the matches on Youtube fully connected on PC. Since they put the OWL on Youtube the tokens always come through as the matches are played.
I have actually never had an issue with viewership rewards since they started the OWL on Youtube.

This issue is just starting for me with the June Joust Tournament. We need to watch 4 hours of matches within these 3 days for the next winners spray, I don’t have any idea now if my time watching is being counted or not. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this being looked into?

1 Like

I got the OWL mercy skins from watching the 4 hours, but no Tokens. Account is correctly connected as well. Had no issues receiving tokens last weekend. Other people in the OWL YouTube chat are experiencing the same issue. Dont know if related, but I did purchase the new Widow skin before this weekend’s streams started.

So many people or maybe all of them have this problem Scroll all the way Down Overwatch Streaming Rewards Guide & Troubleshooting - CLOSED - #4034 by Kaedi-11739

1 Like

Hey everyone, Blizzard is investigating the problems with Token Drops as we speak. Continue to stream the broadcast if you can.

3 Likes

Hey WyomingMyst i have a question. So like all the hours we watched the owl i also got the mercy skin , So when they fix the issue will i get the token for the hours i watched Before or no?

I do not have an answer on if they will catch up owed drops or not.

Note, if you are in a pinch to save up enough to get the Widowmaker Legendary skin, be prepared to purchase them in a worse case scenario.

2 Likes

I already got the Widowmaker Skin :stuck_out_tongue: but i need Tokens xD

Oh we all want tokens… no doubt about that!

2 Likes

Same here, no tokens, but I’ve got the Mercy OWL skin.

1 Like

Would be really bummed if they don’t catch up owed drops. We already know they log watch times.

Catching up owed drops also tells people that if an issue comes up in the future to keep watching. Otherwise when the tokens aren’t flowing, viewership will drop and that will look bad to sponsors.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bummer. Where I live, last night OW was like 4AM+ in the morning. I had to stay / watch at this time and at the end, I got nothing.

3 Likes

I don’t really care for the widow skin, I’m just hoping I get the grey mercy skin, but I still want tokens for future skins for the next tournaments.

2 Likes

From the Youtube OWL

We’ve identified an issue with OWL token distribution yesterday and today. We are addressing it and expect impacted fans to receive their tokens later today. Thanks for watching and your patience!

1 Like

does the youtube email have to be the same as the email i use for my battle.net account? i still havent received anything for watching yesterday =/

How to check which blizzard account is linking with youtube when I try to log out and log in again to swtich account. It auto login so I cant be know that which account is now login.

Still no tokens. And since I already owned the skin from OWL’s days on Twitch, no extra skin either… sure they gave me the White skins for all the Grey skins I own, but I still want in-game gold for watching long enough to earn a duplicate Mercy skin, lol. :sweat_smile:

What I’m mad about is that I’ve watch the whole OWL stream for both days it’s been live for the Mercy skin and I still haven’t gotten it but I have tokens and I’m getting annoyed. Is it a bug? Cause all I want is my damn Mercy skin. (I sound rude or whatever but meh)

1 Like

SAME! I haven’t gotten mine either!