[June 30th] Overwatch not updating on EU

After an hour or so I finished the manifest and now I download the patch with 0 MB/s :sunglasses:

Dowloaded previous update at around same time of day, and that was when my isp was actuall throttling, still wasn’t like this .-.

It’s true, because I’m talking to friends all over the world right now.
It is completely unrelated to the ISP.

Sometimes the launcher performs optimizations during patch installation, maybe that is the case. Problem solved after waiting anyway. :+1:

Zzz just use some trial vpn, set it to US and you’re done. It will take them time to figure out what’s wrong with the cdn.

You’re all annoyed that it isn’t working, and taking it out on me because I’m sharing info you don’t want to hear.

Edit: The cavalry’s here.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a note that we’re investigating this. Please keep posting any relevant information if you can, it’s often very helpful as we dig into issues like this.

Cheers

8 Likes

Yep stuck

Thank you. Post system restarts as well as app restarts(about 5 times so far), no changes. Tried dumb things as well like terminating all other processes and whatnot. No change. Obviously restarting router didn’t do a thing either. No problem with internet speed/downloads on anything else.

1 Like

I managed to update my game fine after reinstalling Windows

3 Likes

For my boyfriend it downloaded normally after he restarted his computer. I’m still stuck, having restarted my computer and blizzard app a few times. Seems to be based on pure luck

the patch not updating is annoying, you blaming the internet rather then it being a launcher/bliz issue is somewhat infuriating.

all it does is devalue what we are trying to say.

3 Likes

Overwatch update is totally broken. Blizzard please fix it ASAP!

I’m in Germany if that helps. :thinking:

Also, hitting 2 hour mark trying to get it to work soon ;-;

will install windows again + buy a new internet contract, possibly lay some new cables.
will building a new house also help?

4 Likes

I used tunnelbear, maybe some vpn providers have issues or I dont know.

Them just f*d up but need way more time to finally admit it and start doing anything to fix the problem. When more and more people will start to complain here and there and some gaming sites write an articles about “new blizzard fail” - they’ll start to do something. As for now the happy ones who wasn’t affected will enjoy 1 hour queue times and post screenshots to twitter with hashtag “this game is dying”. That’s a great example of poor disaster management and what it does for Blizzard reputation.

1 Like

From what little research I can do, the issue seems to have connection to ISP. Four friends in-game now, none share ISP with me. I could tell my location and ISP, but would rather not do so in a public post.

Edit: also, while my initial stuck point was at the end of the download manifest (as seems to be the case for most with the issue), after pausing and restarting the download or restarting the Battle.net app it goes to “waiting for another update”. Booting Windows causes it to go back to loading the manifest and getting stuck at its end.

the problem has nothing to do with isp or internet speed I’m in Africa playing on the EU servers i still have my download stuck I tried removing my cache folder because I got a message saying that it’s awaiting another update then relaunched the launcher got it stuck again but this time waited for another 20 mins and now it’s working my guess it’s a problem with the server holding the update so it’s basically blizzard responsibility not as mr. technician is saying that it’s not.

2 Likes

Hey people! I just tried to post word “f*k” to this topic and update actually started! I’ve found a cure! :rofl: