July 3rd Sombra PTR changes are good, but still don't fix her fundimental issues

^https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/sombra-is-basically-the-old-sym-but-dps-savesombra/150503

Basically Sombra current Issue is Sym’s old one from last year

history is repeating.

I’m not complaining about these NEW changes. I’m saying cut out the original changes and just give us these changes just announced. It’s honestly not rocket science. They’ll be saving themselves the effort of coding a hard rework 8 months from now when they realise that Sombra is the new Torb or Symm 2.0

2 Likes

I understand that, but I originally wasn’t addressing your OP, I was addressing another post about the devs not listening to feedback before you responded to me.

For Fun, go here: ^https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/sombra-wars-trilogy/125928

We shouldnt have had to ask for a revert because no one asked for infinite stealth/translocator to begin with.

Its good they reverted but still havent implement actual suggestions such as increased base movement speed or a threshold on hack/stealth so people can’t ‘accidentally’ counter half her kit.

We’ll have to see what else they do with her, but they cant simply just continue to take from her she only has so much power and impact as of right now.

You’re operating under the assumption that the devs can’t implement their own ideas into their game. Perhaps the community didn’t ask for infinite stealth, but maybe the devs thought it was nice in internal testing? Remember, they balance around multiple sources: the community, the statistics, and their own opinion. Obviously, the community wasn’t happy with some of the changes and thus some are being reverted. But to say that we shouldn’t even have to ask for a revert as if implying that we’re the only source that gets to decide changes? That ego man.

Devs are not playing their own game. If they did, they wouldn’t have to ask pro players for feedback, since it would be obvious, if changes are terrible.

I think we got the most ideal situation we could hope for with the second round of changes. Blizzard are kinda like a kid sitting in a corner acting grumpy and yelling “you’re all wrong, I know better!”.

I still don’t understand the logic behind these Sombra changes. This simply does not make her stronger overall, and it will only result in Sombra’s pick rate dropping even further down in a month or two, once the initial excitement passes for new Sombra players, and us Sombra mains are going to just give up from frustration. It’s unfortunate.

Make enemies unable to destroy tp and we have a deal.

It kinda feels like blizz doesn’t play Sombra if they think these changes make her stronger overall

So the dev team is asking for pro player feedback because they don’t play their own game? NOT because they are trying to balance around the highest level of play? Huh. We heard it here first.

These look good, but they have never reverted anything in the past.