Jokes over take Mercy's training wheels off please

I do not view my statements as spam or as vandalism

I feel it is a good thing for the public readership of a public thread in a public forum to be presented with correct statements, particularly after incorrect statements are made.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are taking your agenda against another user to the extremes instead of just ignoring things you don’t like.

3 Likes

Nope, they’re saying “Valkyrie is lacking in player expression" as I already explained, but if you lack the utmost basic interpretation skills that is not my problem.

2 Likes

No, he derails the conversations into people fighting about semantics.

I am more than happy to talk about Mercy, what valk is good and bad at, what changes could be done so more of the people who like her would be happy playing her etc.

I think there are problems with her, kit, and looking at the number of people posting, and their comments I’m not alone.

But I think a lot of people also like new Mercy, so, by taking what people like about the new one, and what concerns people have with the old one, we can make something good.

I’m not looking for a revert, I’m trying to find a way forward, but, for that to happen, people have to talk, and not try to just shut down conversations.

1 Like

In my opinion, good Mercy players find plenty to do during Valkyrie, and you see this on display prominently in videos of Mercy play made by high level Mercy mains

And in my opinion, the good ones don’t need Valkyrie’s skill covering powers to do so.

1 Like

So in his opinion, good Mercy players just hold their ultimate all match long. Because that makes sense!

Just remember, they speak in hyperboles, so don’t take it that seriously.

3 Likes

I see Valkyrie (partly) as skill enabling, not skill covering…so much more one can do when in Valk than when not

That isn’t what he said.

He was saying that the parts of valk which cover for bad play are not necessary for good mercy players.

That makes a lot of sense.

What parts of the kit is good for making plays, and which cover for bad plays, is worth talking about.

I think, multi beam does in its current form? and I think Dodo’s own rework proposal was good in that area. It let for more skill expression. which of the targets in an area you attached your beam to because important, rather then having it attached to any old player.

That is an improvement. no two ways about it.

I do not see my posts as an attempt to shut down conversation, and in fact, my posts are a continuation of existing conversation.

I’ll add that I do not bring up the subject of semantics, but often see it brought up by others

Even if her ultimate is close to pointless, the main reason why I don’t play Mercy is because I have to holster my staff to deal damage, and holster my pistol to heal. If anything needs rework it’s that.

I’ll go with my interpretation, you go with yours.

1 Like

I’m happy with Mercy where she’s at. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoy it. I’m convinced it is possible to bridge the gap and make Mercy even better for everyone with simple tweaks.

(I only missed one guess in my oscar bet, Jeff should give me a medal for that).

But, if you go with yours, you are not understanding what he is saying.

I mean, he could clarify it by saying “RobotWizard is right, or MerlinBrando is right” or even point at a 3rd option.

But, just deciding you don’t want to understand the person you are talking to, isn’t helpful.

I understand exactly what he said. You’re totally entitled to your opinion as am I, and as is he. I don’t care if he thinks I’m right… that’s what I got from his statement. And you got something completely different. Good for you!

I agreed to disagree, and you’re telling me I chose not to understand because I don’t agree with you. What kind of person are you? I think I can see why you have trouble having conversations on this topic.

If the entire premise of his statement is based on opinion there is absolutely no problem with mine being the same.

It would be helpful to me (and many readers, I suspect) that if someone intends to convey a meaning that is not “valkyrie is autopilot”, they do so with words that are not “valkyrie is autopilot”

3 Likes

Because you are making semantic points, rather than continuing the conversation.

You are a lot like an Ex of mine, she was well on the spectrum (not in a bad way, just you remind me of her).

It sometime made it difficult for her to get what she was trying to get to across, because she kept getting hung up on detail, which, didn’t directly help with what she was trying to say.

She found it more frustrating than the people around her did.

Different jobs, different cities, and we moved apart, but, you remind me of how she talked.

As far as valkyrie is autopilot goes, it is like someone saying Mei is love, or the sky is angry.

It isn’t literal, it is poetic, but still conveys meaning.

Exactly my point. It’s so crazy to me that people can throw out outlandish opinions seemingly freely and daily, but I can’t extrapolate my own outlandish opinions from theirs.

You mean THE Mercy faction?

cuz i dont think the anti mercys want mass rez back lol

and not always, tbh, there is a huge division rn due to what aria rose did among the mercy community