Jokes over take Mercy's training wheels off please

Again, our favorite friend the dictionary

acting or functioning without conscious thought, as a result of routine or habit.
“I leapt out of bed and dressed on autopilot”

So, yeah, you can play her on auto pilot, I do sometimes if I am tired, or don’t care about the match.

I think Mercy 2.0 lends itself to that more than Mercy 1.0 which is one of my issues.

I’m hoping we get a 3.0 which doesn’t have that problem. That requires more impactful choices.

4 Likes

You are free to interpret it as you wish

Nicely put.

11 characters.

2 Likes

I think the old adage “be careful what you wish for, you just might get it” is very fitting here, given how horrendously bad recent reworks have been, including (from many anti-mercys’ points of view) mercys own rework

2 Likes

That’s a good point.

They’re not going to rework Mercy because of OWL, just tweaks here and there, and RobotWizard is a proponent of “Mercy as DPS enabler”, so it’s actually in-line with how Blizzard wants Mercy to be.

Ok, in THIS we fully agree. Some of the reworks have been, less than good. And Mercy isn’t so bad that risking it would be worth it.

I have a LOT of time for that argument :slight_smile:

Hey, someone noticed :slight_smile:

Everytime Mercy’s pick rate falls below a certain threshold, we get a tank meta. Because the other supports help tanks more than DPS. Mercy is all they have as a main healer (though Zen can help)

The current meta problems may get her looked at again, or at least maybe some extra thought put into what ever the next Support hero is.

I just hate not being able to keep the DPS upright and moving like I used to be able to. The 10 HPS really hit the pinball Mercy playstyle hard, far more than the more passive playstyles you can have with her.

5 Likes

It’s not coming back. Now, you may not have heard me so I will say it again and in greater detail.
Clears throat

MASS REZ WILL NEVER BE A THING EVER AGAIN, YOUR GLORY DAYS ARE OVER, GET OVER IT. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT VALKRYIE IS HERE TO STAY. SO SIT DOWN, PRESS Q, AND START FLYING.

3 Likes

I don’t want Mass resurrect back, I don’t want Valkryie to play the game for me.

2 Likes

Let me repeat this for you
Not everyone who has issues with Valk want mass rez back. Stop saying “its not coming back” when its not even in the discussion. Now sit down and stay in your lane

2 Likes

Valkyrie doesnt play the game for the player.

I welcome all players who wish to test this. Play Mercy, hit the ult button when her ult becomes available, then let go of whatever controls you use to play Mercy. Observe what occurs for 15 seconds, and then report the results back to this thread

Hey man, I’m just quoting you to ask you if you can add me on battlenet.
I need to ask you a question/start a possible conversation which will surely get me suspended on the forums.
Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Discord works too.

I’m not looking for a personal conversation, I enjoy the forums

7 Likes

Alright, then I’ll assume that your answers are always of the troll kind because of the weird way you answer.
Nobody can take obvious slang/metaphorical sentences literally unless there’s something else going on.
Know what I’m saying.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that I am a troll or have acted the part of one in this or any thread.

2 Likes

The pinball playstyle.

The style for people who don’t know it, is you use the tether connection timer (of 1.4 seconds), to heal the target. GA has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds.

Or every 1.5 seconds, you need to locate your next target, and plot a path to get there, usually it is one hop, but, sometimes you need to bounce from your Pharah or Widow as an intervening hop.

on the way in, you need to find your next target, you attach, your beam, and GA out.

This means you can’t have GA on your beam target, OR, it means you have to drop it for a fraction of a second to GA, and turn around, and reconnect. Which it cool, it can be done.

For the next 1.4 seconds you will heal your target 70 health until the beam disconnects on its own, by that time, you will be arriving at your next target, and have planned your next step.

It sets a FRANTIC pace, but, it has a lot of advantages.

Your beam almost has a 100% uptime, and you are giving the targets who need healing a bust as quickly as possible.

You stop at times, like, when a tank requires healing, or, someone needs to charge their ult (in which case, you want to damage boost them to charge it quickly).

in the middle of all of this, you need to ALSO track your teams ults, because Damage boosting the right person at the right time does a LOT of good, and you shouldn’t ignore it.

This style DOESN’T gain a lot from Valk, since, you are already super mobile, and if you end up in a position where you can’t path out, it is your own fault anyway.

What it DOES get from Valk, is it covers your mistakes. You get to a dead end, so you pop Valk, and can pick a target.

Honestly the more I see your posts I’m starting to question it myself. No one actually thinks its 100% auto pilot, but its a far stretch to say that it doesn’t remove the parts of her kit that do require skill expression.

5 Likes