Job at blizzard

I would love to be a bug tester or playtester for blizzard. I think it would be fun I’m glad I’ll mostly type Things because I have crappy handwriting. Also I want to get away with playing overwatch at work.

4 Likes

you need studies for that, not just videogame experience

2 Likes

I know I’m going to tulsa tech and maybe get a degree in English so my reports are well written.

Check the QA section of careers for blizzard. It takes a lot to be a QA tester and I’m pretty sure you don’t know what you are getting into.
Good luck :slight_smile:

8 Likes

a job playing videogames; a college kid’s soppy wet dream

5 Likes

I do know what I’m getting into actually don’t just assume.

Blizzard has very frequent job openings and the video game industry is becoming a massive and very profitable field. For bug testing you’d probably be looking at a Quality Assurance position. Anymore most of these places expect you to have at least a bachelor’s degree in some video game related field but it’s a good goal to have.

I’m going to school right now for video production with a double minor in 3d animation and art and I can’t say that I haven’t dreamed about working as an editor or character concept artist for Overwatch every now and again!

I actually plan on pursuing it unlike the guys who are just talk

4 Likes

this is…so funny to read

1 Like

I couldn’t be an artist but there’s other areas I can do.

I work in software qa and it’s boring af. I imagine video game testing is a little more interesting but still it’s going to be tedious. It’s not like you just hop into matchmaking all day and see what happens lol. I imagine you go through checklist after checklist for each patch. Regression testing a video game does not seem like fun lol. But let me not be a dream killer. Working for blizzard is probably cool af lol

1 Like

I looked into a potential job at Blizzard in the past and the big thing that turned me away from it was that all of their bug/play testers at the time were required to be on-site. Meaning you would have to move to an area near their HQ in California.

If you don’t already know, it’s really expensive here and to have any shot at getting the job, you’ll need experience in the field or a damn good recommendation.

At least I’m trying to do something productive with my life.

Absolutely. Video game production is a system of many moving parts and have job openings from the purely artistic to the purely technical and everything in between. Have a look at the credits of modern video games and see just how many people go into creating them.

My best advice would be that, if/when you pursue higher education and if you still decide this is something you want to do, try and find an area of video game production that you have some natural capabilities in and try and specialize. Generalists in the video game industry usually get jobs at smaller companies, but larger production teams like Blizzard will have separate positions for almost every part of their game and you’ll need to set yourself apart from the rest.

I’d look up in depth job descriptions for the various aspects of game creation and see if anything immediately jumps out to you as being interesting. Every job will have points where it becomes boring and the thrill wears off but if it’s something you’re passionate about don’t let the people who are being negative for no other reason than to be negative talk you down. Be realistic, but hopeful, in your goals.

1 Like

I know I’ll have to write reports do a checklist and at aim point actually play the game as working to find bugs. I mean one but I already found was with skins not changing when I changed them

1 Like

Go to school.

Practice writing and you may just become a bug tester.

2 Likes

OP wants to see new heroes pre-release that is all.

1 Like

Becoming massive and profitable? It already is my guy. It passed that threshold about 10 years ago. The problem now is its over-saturated. I know at least 4 people off the top of my head, close friends, that went to school for some kind of “game design” degree or program. Guess what? Only one of them is in the game business and they work at some small start-up with 4 employees and looks like its based out of an empty warehouse with two desks.

Everyone and their mom wants to make games and be a part of some cool new indie studio start-up. Thankfully for companies like Blizzard they only take the best of the best.

1 Like

Well that’s certainly a benefit

Omg guys we’re all getting hired! Can’t wait to see you all at Anaheim!