Jeff Kaplan on Emongg's & Fran's streams (Concluded) - Talk about Competitive Changes & More

Well that is a wrap, oh and… um… happy birthday Fran?!

3 Likes

What a complete joke

“we not planning on doing anything with matchmaking or making the game fun again, but keep watching our esports, we need to make sure activision is happy”

Leave it to a platinum to decide how the game should run.

15 Likes

Hey everyone, I am going AFK for a while, continue to discuss what was revealed here today if you wish but please keep it civil.

Jeff is amazing, leave the man alone >:O

3 Likes

He’s also a platinum level working on the balance of the game

Stop fanboying, everyone is open to criticism

2 Likes

They are, but you didn’t really offer criticism so far. Nor is he the main developer for game balance I’m pretty sure lol

What would you do to fix the game?

I really doubt that him being a Platinum is why Overwatch is experiencing so much trouble

5 Likes

First off i’d make sure the player base is happy, a unhappy player base is something no one wants

secondly, i’d try my best to make sure a fresh and new meta around every 6 months, give or take

thirdly, i’d keep content balanced as much as possible and consistent, sure sometimes it may not work, but keeping it fair is the best option

fourthly, i’d make sure that my yearly event, that millions of people attended, isn’t a waste of time

fifth, i’d update the lore consistently and keep the story flowing

sixth, i wouldn’t give in to a big company who is set out to ruin peoples fun and enjoyment with my product

seventh, i’d update my events with every year, so that the player base doesn’t get bored

eighth, i’d keep in touch with my player base at almost all times, so that i can communicate with them and if there is a large outcry of something negative, it can be changed ASAP

ninth, i’d make sure that, if my game was to have an esports, that it wasn’t rushed and shoved in everyone’s faces, so that people that enjoy it can watch it, and that people who don’t ever see it again.

are we done?

3 Likes

Wow, sounds like you have a really high budget. Wish Jeff had that!

13 Likes

Hopefully activision gives it to him soon, be the first thing he’s gotten in 3 years.

2 Likes

He knows exactly what we want. #Symmetra-autolockbeam-250hp

5 Likes

Maybe you should apply for an actual paying community management position instead of doing all this work for Blizzard for free.

It’s actually painful to see you doing this.

1 Like

Unless people want to see my antics in Deathmatch FFA again, you do not want this… trust me.

A community manager would not make a thread like this. I do this because I know people appreciate it.

Besides, I just got done with 8 hours of pumping out graphic design flyers for the company I really do work for. I now have 4 hours of work on my school projects to work on tonight.

I’m actually gratified to hear that Jeff is a plat. I think the game would benefit from having input from designers at all levels of play, rather than making decisions based largely on the input of a handful of GM-level pros and twitch celebs.

when your team actually works as a team with the meta yes your rank will increase against those who don’t counter it, that still doesn’t mean a gold will suddenly be in masters or diamonds because of it but if they are low gold, then they would end up mid plat, so yes the meta actually does kind of break it.

Cross game clans (or guilds) are totally a thing. My old clan did several games, although some had more people than others.

Just so you know, we definitely appreciate your effort on things like this.

Let them relish the challenge. I’m more focus comp and qp than FFA deathmatch.

yet no talks of hit reg issues for med png

ashe still has it on her right click they claimed to be aware of it and they have had 2 years now there is no excuse

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure?