Jeff Kaplan is on Emongg Stream right now

The idea of role queue for the development team is something discussed specifically because people have different srs based off their roles. Player matchmaking can’t account for players doing stuff unexpected like the world’s best 1 trick Widow suddenly deciding to play Reinhardt messes up the match for anyone else. Another benefit would be that people who are reluctant to play a role wouldn’t play stuff they aren’t good at.

Jeff says the game is currently balanced and thats a short conversation.

Jeff asking about the Crab is the highlight of the stream. lol!

So much sycophancy in chat. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

He understands the crabs on Emongg’s stream now and I think it’s over. Also Jeff is older but not as out of touch as he thought.

Jeff just announced Overwatch Immortal.

What was that song he played?? It was really catchy!

I think its called Crab Rave. I honestly don’t remember if that’s right. lol

I need that kinda energy for my cardio days

1 Like

He’s on Franyatta’s stream now. I missed the first part.

Guilds is too big of a scope right now.

Something cool pve story wise is coming, reminded her that Archives is coming up in the not too distant future.

1 Like

So, I agree with everything Jeff has apparently said… Except the comment about the Defense Matrix.

I think the life steal is too much and they need to fix his teleport into something useable.

Jeff doesn’t care as much about how long a meta stays but thinks people will always grow to dislike current meta.

Wants more educated ptr testing not just theorycrafting.

“What the hell do you people want,” when it comes to people always complaining about the current meta. He says there will always be a meta, and nobody plays meta south of Diamond. And says even if you pick the hero’s compromising it you aren’t really playing the meta.

If it’s currently balanced then the changes on the PTR are unneeded.

1 Like

I do feel like the matchmaking is pretty bad for the quick play and arcade, the competitive matchmaking works pretty well though.

He say that they ask themselves if the current meta was fun to play or watch, but that there always will be a meta because of slight differences. He says if you want it to change all the time, play Mystery Heroes because any six random characters won’t ever be viable against any other random six.

Lfg is one of his favorite systems and he wish more used it. One he loves is 2 tanks, 2 heals, 2 flex. He also thinks bossy ones are nice where people require mic and take leadership or ones where people tell people they are one tricks and people can decide to queue with you or not.

He thinks we have been conditioned to choose path of least resistance, but lfg greatly improves match quality and only adds on average 30 seconds to 2 minutes to queue time and yet it’s not getting used. They don’t want to force us to use it though.

No changes to rank soon but a lot of complicated stuff to rank they would like to make in the far future. They want to do stuff to comp which takes lot and lots of time, matchmaker is very complicated.

It would be significant but not anytime soon, it would be very far off. They are not satisfied and have big ideas, but big ideas take big time.

Jeff Kaplan brought Fran a birthday cake and wished her a happy birthday. It is not her birthday. Her birthday is June 30th. The cake has a ? candle for her age.

She asked if it was all for her, and then just bit it with her mouth and suddenly had a Brooklyn accent, declaring that it’s chocolate.

2 Likes