Jeff confirmed Immortality Field is getting nerfed next PTR

So forum whiners win again I guess.

sigh

I guess it’s time to uninstall, we’re not allowed to play supports anymore in this game. If we get something good like weapon buff, we’re made trash in other ways and called “oppressive”.

Last time they called dva oppressive, she got nerfed so hard she still hasn’t recovered to this date. Balance team going at it yet again I see.

101 Likes

“we’re trying out some changes to immortality field to make it less oppressive. i missed the playtest today so i’ll ask the crew how it went.”

So the changes will happen IF THE PLAYTEST went well.

Jeff didn’t confirm it is getting nerfed next PTR, but signs do point that way.

That is what I expect, or it’s running time maybe, but most likely the AOE. I doubt they will mess with the cooldown.

3 Likes

When half the player-base are DPS-only babies that’s kind of how it works.

39 Likes

Tbf, I don’t think they’ll release the PTR until they have Baptiste nerf ready. Because whichever balance patch is next is the one OWL will be on for stage 1. And I don’t think they want Baptiste to dominate stage 1 by the looks of it.

1 Like

That is a pretty good call. So yeah, maybe PTR gets delayed, or, it is back patched a few days after with a change (which they have been known to do).

They have decided that nerfing is in order, the question is how well the change goes to if they do it.

Sounds like his gun is going to be left, which is funny.

1 Like

Ok but the real question what’s the next bandaid D.Va buff

13 Likes

I’m sure it’s like a height change or health change to the immortality field. It’d probably be best so that it floats at just over Rein’s shield height. That’s the only thing that really would make sense to nerf would be either of those. If they nerf the range - it’d feel like a personal survival tool more than a team tool.

3 Likes

So someone tell me - exactly what is all this “huff and puff” frustration people have with IF?

1 Like

Hopefully not like the bandaid sombra buffs.

We made her DM longer, but, we also made it far thinner, and made the cooldowns worse, oh and made it not block as many things.

It is an overwatch buff

5 Likes

That’s where you’re mistaken.

It’s actually gonna be another nerf :smiling_imp:

1 Like

The only thing oPpReSsiVe is worrying about trivial design balance issues and posting on reddit instead of coming to these forums and explaining why matchmaking/reporting is so broken.

Could we fix the in-game systems before worrying about cooldowns? Thanks.

12 Likes

You’re unironically right

They see the word “immortality” and freak out. That’s it.

9 Likes

It stops people from getting cheesy Hanzo oneshot kills and it prevents tanks from instantly getting gibbed. And it can be used to help counter genjo blade spams and halt+dragonstrikes and sigma ultis so you don’t instadie because he targeted someone.

Aka we can’t have good things, we all must just perish.

33 Likes

I swear if they nerf immortality field and tanks even more this PTR without nerfing Hanzo, then I’m legit leaving.

30 Likes

I STRONGLY suspect that Hanzo is going to take it to the face.

I am looking out to see what happens with Mei, since, that WILL be interesting, and not a certain change.

Prepare to be disappointed :smiley:

2 Likes

When the devs are more active on Reddit than their own official forums. :sob:

28 Likes

I think they’re just trying to nerf the 1v1 potential of field, because that’s mostly what I see Baptiste using it for rather than to protect the team from an Ult.

Watch them nerf sonic arrow

13 Likes