JAN 2024 - OCE players being matched to SEA servers

Since the update today OCE players are being put on SEA servers, this keeps happening periodically, I quit this game for months the last time this happened.

Please give us the option to select which server we want to match on.

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to Overwatch Technical Support!:

1 Like

this is a technical issue, your auto server selection is not working properly when oce players are being put on singapore servers instead of sydney servers

I don’t work at Blizzard. The game puts you on the server where you’ll have the lowest ping and wait time for matches. You’re asking for a server selector, which is a suggestion.

1 Like

This started to happen to me in competitive today.

I live in sydney so I should get sydney servers rather then singapore servers.

The server is full of Australians, there is NO reason for the match to be placed on a Singapore server. That is a technical issue which blizzard has still not fixed over a year into the release of OW2.
Happening again today.

2 Likes

Haven’t noticed, though my latency to Sydney and Singapore are the same typically

1 Like

Same issue, keep getting Singapore servers and I live in Aus. Would honestly rather wait longer to play with other aussies.

This is defiantly a technical issue this is affecting multiple people.

I didn’t even know there were any green posters left on the OW forums

Only here to say it’s the wrong forum, which it isn’t.

This is absolutely a problem.

Putting someone on a server which is far away from their region which gives them horrible ping time is a bug.

It isn’t that they are asking for “server selection” they are asking that the system which is meant to put them on the right server works.

It could be that the OCE servers have gone down (which happens often), but that is still a problem to be looked at.

1 Like

I love how Blizzard people respond with this stuff. He knows exactly what a server selector is, he is saying that he is being placed into the wrong server which is not giving the best ping.

Like everything with Blizzard, if there is a problem it must be a user problem, it couldn’t possibly be something Blizzard is doing wrong :roll_eyes:

It’s like the people at Microsoft who tell you to reinstall the os, no wonder both companies joined together

1 Like

I usually stay in tech support :slight_smile:

This forum’s focus is for players to help other players. How would other players go about changing how the matchmaker works in the game? Other players are not Overwatch developers.

You are practically trolling someone talking about a wide known issue

No idea how you came to that conclusion. I don’t work at Blizzard. Other players answering threads in this forum don’t work there either. Your best bet is to report it where I mentioned: Bug Report

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.