It's time to rethink the leaver penalty

The problem at hand is that it is still so prevalent that it negatively effects nearly every player in the game, yet the solution is “report them”, however we don’t know if they have a genuine reason for leaving, so I don’t automatically report a leaver. It seems like the more appropriate response would be a hammer coming down, if you leave once, you don’t play for an HOUR, second time in a season, A DAY, third time a WEEK, and fourth time, for the SEASON. This would prevent people from leaving and taking advantage of the current penalty, by using up their maximum leaves, or close to it, waiting for them to burn off, then rinse and repeat.

There doesn’t even need to be a penalty for leaving because the solution to it exists in game in other modes - backfill.

Why Blizzard don’t put this into (arguably) the most important game mode is completely baffling.

Are there any other competitive games that do this?

Please stop with this idea. It’s. Not. Going. To. Work.

1 Like

Says you. I disagree.

With a few tweaks to the existing system it can quite easily work.

Backfill under Diamond, imo.

Because who cares. These Gold games are not that serious. Anyone could pop into a game, and the team synergy would be the same. There’s no master team plan that they’re missing out on.

In fact, i think the team aspect of the game shouldn’t be taken too seriously by the devs below Diamond. PBSR gains and losses should be MUCH greater. Backfill. No Role Queue.

Just let people play below Diamond to try and get good enough at the game solo to raise their own SR and get into Diamond. This team thing is just frustrating a lot of players.

This could be nice idea, but imo it have to be choce like other roles. Personally i queue with every role and if there will be a " backfill " it should be similar queue thing. But i think problem probably will came here if someone join a game what have been like allready won, 1 min before it ends, and someone just gets free SR and move on to next game. Those cases will be rare i think but still. Anyway idea would be great and personally i would use " Backfill queue " if that will came.

Yes. I said exactly that in the thread I linked.

Bacause implementing backfill into comp would be a lot more complicated from various reasons.

Pretty sure I’ve asked you to stop replying to me.

Regardless, to rebuff your post, you’re not Blizzard. You have no idea what is and isn’t complicated for them to do.

Stop with the egotistical all-knowing posts already. You don’t know nearly as much as you think you do.

1 Like

Yeah I know but we live in democracy so I can post as just you can, and honestly you insulted me many times already so please stop and talk about the topic only. Can both agree to stick to topics without insulting each other from now on? Thank you.

About the topic. Yes I am not blizzard and I of course dont know everything but I have pretty good imagination. The fact that backfill does work in QP doesnt mean it would work in comp mode. Its not that easy to just activate it there. You have to think about many things which can go wrong. For example what if someone who left want to go back and he only lost connection? So when you will start searching for player to backfill. will you reward people who back fill with SR or punish them with SR losss? Nbodoy would want to join game where was leaver for 2 minutes and lose SR. So you could only win sr and not lose maybe? People would troll a lot in that case and result. If someone back fill does that mean SR of 5 people who had leaver will not be affected as it is now? Its way too many things which can go wrong.

Its nice to say : use backfill, but you have to think about every detail or it will be distaster.

1 Like