It's time to end the lie that winning more than losing results in an SR climb

I agree, that’s why there’s so many one tricks in GM, but hardly any in lower Elo. The game isn’t designed to reward flexing, despite it being needed to win comp games. Fact is, every streamer I know in GM has one hero that they main, even if they don’t one trick, they will play that same hero 9 out of 10 times.

I flex, but I still have my mains that I devote a good portion of my time to, and I’m still able to climb. Over this past year I’ve climbed 1000 sr by mostly flexing. Just recently I became more stubborn in insta-locking my favorite heroes, but I’ll cave into my teammates’ requests to switch if they’re nice.

Idk man, I’ve had a bloody good year in Overwatch. I’ve only had two bad seasons, I’d say. Yet, I still managed to end both in low gold. And finally, this season I hit my career high of 2600.

I think it’s just a matter of learning the heroes you’re flexing to, and playing them better in the competitive environment. If you’re team asks you to flex to, lets say, Zarya, but you suck at her, chances are you’re not gonna win or do well.

I know very little about the sr system, but like I said, as a flex main, I haven’t had too many issues with it. When I’d get stuck at an sr range I didn’t like and couldn’t break out of, I’d either:

• Take a break

• Analyze my in-game actions and recognize how I could have won the match, and where I f-ed up

• Watch streamers, pros, youtubers, etc, and observe how they play

So many people complaining about how the best way to climb is to ‘game the system’, but none doing it themselves and providing a quantifiable, reliable way to do this. It’s almost like… being bad is the reason.

but… but I’ve been flexing for 100 games with a record of 55/41/4 and I climbed?

Please explain how that’s possible oh wise one. a positive winrate with flexing does not work!

THIS THIS THIS

Also, would appreciate feedback on the ideas of eliminating MMR or having a new casual gamemode that is more inviting than Comp, so the casuals dont screw Comp for the rest of us