It's Time For A Revert | Working Mass Res Mercy Workshop [WILL BE UPDATED]

I’ve tried that as well. That would probably be the closest we can get so far in terms of outright cancelling Valk instantly. It can also be programmed to work after her animation as well which would be awesome. More testing. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, I tried creating effects on the target allies to make up for the lack of animation but its difficult to target them properly…wish you could END Valk’s effect with a Rule, so you could use its animation but cut it before you could use any of the ult’s effects.

ver. 0.2 is ready. Notable features in this update:

• Mercy is Vulnerable while Rezzing, and has a cast time. If she is killed before she completes her res animation, it will not activate.
  • Rez on E is disabled, so Pressing E does nothing. Mercy can only Rez on Q.
  • Valk will still function however, due to the way the workshop works with ultimates. Thus, she will still use Valk after the res (This is a known issue that the community has already brought up, so hopefully we get more flexibility in how ults function in the future).
  • Mercy still requires LOS, using her E-Rez to do so, however it may need to be tweaked.
  • Fixed minor bugs and cleaned up code a bit.

Import Code: KG07Z

Example (see twitter video):

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

4 Likes

Why are you even in this thread? You already don’t like it, and you’re not gonna change the title with arguments like that. Stick to cultivating your own thread just this once.

11 Likes

It is my understanding that forum members are eligible to reply to any thread they wish to

3 Likes

I stand by my previous statement

You will be standing alone my dude, cuz personally will go back to ignoring you like I have been and hope others do the same.

Big yikes.

13 Likes

will you finally stop complaining?
Or ar you going to say that this is yet more proof that a revert is coming, which you’ve been saying since the rework hit almost two years ago by this point.

btw, the code is actually kind of nice. Thanks.

2 Likes

I dont personally feel I am alone here.

Agreed.

I highly recommend just muting / ignoring / reporting the trolls. It’s just not worth the trouble, and seems to just be a cry for attention at this point. :blush:

Back on topic though:

Bugs to be worked on (hopefully to be squashed in a future update):

• There’s a bug that causes Mercy to res dead enemies. Currently working on that. (Credit to Arcalias for providing the example of this bug AND for the import code for the hotfix): :blush:

I’ve updated the import code to the one they provided that doesn’t have this issue. Should not be a problem in the next update:

IMPORT CODE FOR REZZING DEAD ENEMIES FIX: ZBFVS

• Visual bug where Mercy sometimes doesn’t raise her hand when she resses.
  • Visual bug where sparkles on allies aren’t visible.
  • Knockback doesn’t affect Mercy during the res nor forces it to be on cancelled / on cooldown. (shoutout to Saccharine for catching this bug!)

If anyone else finds any bugs, PLEASE let me know! :nerd_face:

I hope so too. That and an update that allows you to change Valkyries duration would be amazing!

That sounds like something I’d love to try out, do keep us posted on your progress! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

7 Likes

Resurrect(All dead players(Team of(Event Player)))

To not bring back enemy players

1 Like

Great job Xavvy, looking forward to all the mass rez ideas on the workshop. <3

6 Likes

It is interesting to see this individual involved with Overwatch again

Thank you! :heart:

Yup you nailed it. Someone has provided an import code with this implementation as well, so hopefully this is no longer an issue going forward. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Great! I have a version that tries to implement visual effects, but its difficult to reference the positions of all dead teammates within a certain radius at once and apply the effect. What I’m thinking is making a global array of dead teammates within a certain radius that updates constantly, and fetches their location (if that’s possible) and creates the effect in that location

1 Like

Yes! I’m hoping for old Heroes like Symmetra to return. I doubt we’re getting old lock-on beam back though… So upset we can’t see old Sym!

1 Like

While I don’t think Mass Ress is any good for Mercy, nice job! It’s very nice to know/see what the Workshop is capable of in less than a day, so many possibilities are rising.

As for a Mercy rework, IMO she’d feel better if her ult was a single target ress, with instant cast and immunity for a few seconds like before, as we already know mass ress is a very bad design. Then Valkyrie becoming her E ability (without the flight + cooldown), which she didn’t have back on 1.0, would make her a very strong full support in terms of healing, with a defensive support ult made to counter pickoffs without causing any bad behavior like hiding (and if ult charge isn’t changed you’d charge it much faster thanks to being able to AoE heal). And finally I’d look into a way of adding some sort of high jump so she can combo it with Valkyrie ability. Maybe when no ally is on shift range/target you could launch yourself to the sky instead, simulating a super jump but adding a bigger cooldown to your shift when you do that.

2 Likes

Mhm, yep, you’re totally not alone in your conspiracy theories that’s for sure.

5 Likes

What was the point of this statement?

5 Likes

Jesus christ not this again…

1 Like