Its Official, Hog is a throw pick

These kinds of numbers are absolutely no reason to freak out over. Officially a throw pick at 48% WR? You must have some pretty liberal definitions of ‘officially’ and ‘throw pick’.

First of all. You create a thread, mute it and refuse to come back? Isn’t that technically spam though?

2nd, Roadhog has always been a dumb character to face against. Just like Widow, brigitte and so many others. ONE. ONE mistake is all it takes against heroes like this and you die. Not only are they extremely anti-fun. They are too strong for their own good(I;E: op)

and thirdly. Please do not even come back to the forum either if all you intend to do is create threads for the sake of no particular reason(Spam).

I’m creating 1 thread and 1 final thread, I’m not creating threads to promote my twitch or some other BS like some people do, and again spam implies multiple you 4head.

1 Like

I’m learning the game and love to tank.
I’m learning Roadhog now and he’s superfun!
You can take a break but you don’t have to do anything drastic.
It’s okay to have complicated relationships with things…

hes far from a throw pick, but he does need a buff.

I dunno, if you use Hog properly, and not like the shield breaker half the forum buys into, then he’s really not bad.

Hog is situational, not a throw pick.

1 Like

What is his… Situation? He always felt pretty general… Just bad. But I do not main him or anything to that effect. So feel free to enlighten me. Under what circumstances do you want to run Hog, outside of with Orisa and to counter pirate ship. I got that down, but surely that is not his only situational use, right?

Almost 900 hours on hog. The way I play him. With these changes he’s only stronger. I have had a blast with him so far. Idk how far you guys are trying to use the alt fire. But it works just as I remember it.

Here I’ll even make my profile public

Set it to public. Don’t know if it’s in effect immediately

Here’s the thing, in a vacuum Roadhog is pretty good. He is one of the hardest heroes to kill and he still has one shot potential. The problem is, he doesn’t really fit into the meta so he is kind of on odd nut.

So what do they do? They could certainly force him into meta by making him so overpowered you pretty much have to take him. I don’t like that option myself, but I’m open to any idea that gives him a specific reason for teams to bring him.

I think these changes put him overall in a better place.

Negatives:

• Falloff on alternate fire.

This makes it so that Hog deals less damage at long range. Wah, he can’t melt barriers.

Positives:

• Better falloff than before
  • Hook consistency
  • Shotgun headshot fix

The positives far outweigh the negatives. The added falloff range makes the addition of falloff on his secondary fire negligble. If you’re in a barrier war and you can’t get closer than 25m to the enemy, you should get off Hog. The added consistency to his hook isn’t just for the random breakages, the hook is connecting more consistently in general. It definitely feels a lot better. The shotgun headshot improvement also makes his damage much more consistent. He’s able to hook and one-shot even small targets like Hanzo or Ana if he aims well.

As usual, people see a nerf and can’t see anything past it. Hog is more consistent than ever after these changes.

1 Like

I do not necessarily disagree; however, that is not saying much. More consistent than ever is still “relatively useless ultimate battery.” That is just not going to change anytime soon without some more substantial changes. If his win-rate starts climbing again, I suppose it is a moot point. If not, they should consider making him usable outside of extremely niche situations.

1 Like

Flanker is how I’ve always used him or seen him used, in fact during hook 2.0 days, that’s all he was. KOTH, 2cp, hybrid or payload, Hog makes an excellent flanker, always has been.

Oh, yeah, that brings back memories. I did not realize anyone still did that.

It’s been one day.

He also got multiple changes today:

Give it time to actually let the changes take effect and sink in.

the thing about roadhog is that he is the only tank really opened to CC or utility and is the last tank who can defend himself.

9/10 times is breather is absolutely useless against CC, hack or now with anti heal. this 9/10 times makes him just a walking ult battery.
him being just a ult battery means he can be easily outplayed.

lets look at his hook, which only is now effective when used in ilios or other KOTH maps where you can easily get an environmental death.

it does not help that apart from the 1 shot-kill is being inconsistent, CC meta added to the game made it much easier. furthermore now that brigitte exist roadhog cant go on an easy flank and kill his targets like he used.

roadhog style is being faced out and his self protection or worth is 0 in a comp. roadhog does either need a huge buffs or a rework to his self protection to make him more adaptable to a Moba and not a FPS game.

1. Damage inflicted on Hog generates 1/2 the ult charge
  2. Hog’s body can protect allies behind his body from an AoE effect to a greater degree (think: a small cone “shadow” effect that reduces damage of that kind)
  3. Reduce the healing of take-a-breather by 25% and give it a passive “reflect” to non-AoE / non-energy damage as it bounces off of his rubbery body, or add that effect to his ult

Hog is not fun. Hog was nerfed into the Earth because he is horribly unfun. A giant insta-kill hook is stupid, and without that stupidity, his character is useless. Nothing short of a rework will make his archetype acceptable one way or the other; he’ll either be unfun or useless if Blizzards tries to balance around his hook.

i wonder if the changes will bring this guy back, i just wish we knew what they were

He’s fine as a stand alone threat in a lot of situations where you’re trying to close out the game, I take him on the 2nd point of control maps in order to flank and open with a pick while sustaining thru’ respawns or on the retake to get a pick and then stall out.

One of the things most people don’t think about is the value of their base kit and the rate of their ultimate charge going into the last fight of the game, it’s a big reason you’ll see a Genji swap off for a Doomfist, a Zarya swap off for a Roadhog or a Sombra swap off for a Reaper etc. in the last minute.

What a terrible way to end a thread.
How embarrassing