"It's not going live!" You don't get it

I really am baffled my this experimental - it’s not reasonable enough to be called an actual balance patch and not memeing enough to be fun (unless you happen to play any of the blatantly favored heroes).

5 Likes

Most people who came with the changes in the vids where kinda good, the panel just didn’t listen at all.

For example, Super said that you need to increase the stun on shatter but nerf the damage on Rein’s swings, they just buffed the duration of the stun.
And don’t even get me started on Genji lol…

This is exactly why I think that changes on the spot are bad, you don’t have the time to think about it or see the numbers like you will usually want to, neither do you have the time to come up with a good change, this just leads to random weird changes.

3 Likes

I am glad it happened. I hope it actually opens the eyes of at least some ppl.

6 Likes

The fact that you fail to recognize that the single worst thing for tanks was the introduction of Sigma while decrying the state of tanking in this game tells me that this thread is worthless.

dps run the game when they make up half the roster and only 1/2 of them are worth playing at any time.

talk about projection.

2 Likes

That was never established BEFORE we saw how awful their ideas were.

To suddenly say that only after we can all see how bad it is… that’s just letting them off the hook. The “shroedinger’s douchcanoe” changing whether they were serious or joking depending on how well what they said is accepted.

1 Like

Its just sort of a what-the-hell kind of XP for fun to get people talking.

That’s exactly why I’m not looking forward to OW2. They pretty much said eff u tank players. We going to destroy the entire purpose of playing tank to make it catered more towards dps. It’s just disrespectful towards main tank players at this point

The vod is on the overwatch league youtube, you can judge for yourself how seriously they take it, but they talk about alot of the changes made here as changes they want to see happen to their hero, they only had fun and memed with heroes they both dont play and never see, like torb

Let’s check the panel:

• SooN, Boston Uprising DPS
  • Space, Los Angeles Gladiators Tank
  • Seabyeolbe, Seoul Dynasty DPS
  • Fran, Toronto Defiant Content Creator
  • Alan, Shanghai Dragons Special Correspondant
  • Jaewon (no idea who that is)

So in this panel of six people (plus Geoff, Soe and Danny), we have at least five people related to OWL teams, with half of the panel being OWL players.
28 of the 49 changes that were adopted were done so by unanimous vote, including Sombra’s Hack cast time nerf, Tracer’s health buff, Zarya’s buff, Brig’s nerf, the ridiculous 15 armor on Winston, Adaptive shields giving ult charge and more.
So I fail to see how this is not “professional players” offering ridiculous balance changes.

8 Likes

Failure to mention =/= failure to recognise.

They didn’t say 1+1=2 that isn’t proof that I don’t think 1+1=2

Oh, Pro player as in paid to participate in organised e-sports.

Some people consider streamer to be “professionals” in the sense that they are paid to play the game, they have “skin in the game” so to speak. They aren’t enthusiastic amateurs.

In this context, professional means you’re “paid to do it”.

How many of those streamers would keep streaming if they didn’t get a single penny for it but only kept doing it the same way an enthusiastic fan might contribute to an independently run fan club of a particular sports team.

But I understand what you’re saying, the bar to become a successful streamer is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to being accepted into a major e-sports team.

You look like you could use some MORE :pensive:

This is shocking.

This is an indictment against the supposed “worthy” members who clearly got to their position in spite of their deep understanding of the game. This blows up the theory that you could only get to a high level by “really knowing the game”.

How do you not realise that all heroes have hit points in multiples of 25?

Why would Sombra need a hack to take so long?!

Tanks are strong rn
It’s one of the few metas where every tank (except hog) is somewhat playable
You can play Rein with Zarya/Dva/Orisa, Monkey with Zarya/Dva, Ball with Zarya/Dva/Sigma and Orisa with sigma like honestly all of them are good

Literally mentioning this

Is not a failure to mention

All you did was link to text where all they do is fail to mention Sigma.

In no way does that indicate they don’t recognise the idea “the single worst thing for tanks was the introduction of Sigma”

I am SO SICK of people on these forums just making things up about other people to push their dogmatic assumptions on others, you leave absolutely no room for discussion on a discussion forum.

Are you incapable of bringing up the issue of Sigma without basing it on a false accusation against a complete stranger?

You go immediately to a completely spurious accusation and based on nothing you say that’s a basis to disparage and humiliate them.

It is so disrespectful and disruptive, it lowers the tone and people on these forums need to all have it be acknowledged as inappropriate behaviour. Even if you don’t stop I hope others don’t see your behaviour and think it’s a good idea to copy your tactics.

They have one and last chance, to shut up all the forum balance whine and they failed so hard … :rofl:

I’m tired of this “won’t go live” argument too. It’s been ages since “experimental” lost its meaning, now it’s just “this will go live”. The only time experimental didn’t really go live is when Hog and Zarya were buffed to more of solo tanks and B.O.B. being immune to sleep and McCree rolling in air (but those were stupid).

ALL of this. People saying how they hate “ult bot” Genji and what happens? Ult gets a crazy buff.

This is DPS-watch and streamers and top 500 private discord dictate “balance”.

4 Likes

soon - pro player had terrible suggestions, if it was guaranteed live I think he would make more reasonable changes

allan - an asian caster who doesnt understand the game at all, should’ve been replaced with a main tank/mainsupport/flex dps player (same for soon tbh)

Sbb - very good player but was clearly bored and since he didn’t speak English I think he just started memeing

Space - very valid suggestions actually cared

Fran - very valid suggestions actually cared

Jaewon - very valid suggestions actually cared

soe - was just supposed to be there to make it less awkward which she did well but she influenced them with her personal bias quite a lot

Danny - was just chilling

if owl brought together people who actually all speak the same language and a person that played every role in the owl and told them to make the game as balanced as possible they would’ve balanced it 10x better than any casual ever could

its not going live is a completely valid argument for an already flawed panel

3 Likes

A thing i’ve noticed after reading all these comments, is that most of these complains come from gold/plat players (and in general lower elos) where ultimates such as dragon blade dominate. One thing you guys seem to miss, is that the pros are trying to adjust the game around their elo, in gm/master if you ult as genji you get erased out of existence by the enemy team before u even get to swing once. As the pros in the video said, you may get to kill something if u get nanoed. Meaning they are adjusting genji’s ultimate so it’s less trash in their rank where people can hit headshots and abilities such as sleep.

I personally play healer around low Masters, and i can say that most of the stuff they want to change is good and does actually make it more even. It’s not the pros’ problem that in gold where you proabably play, people are unable to stop genji since aiming is a concept so far fetched people think it’s a myth.