🙄 It's ironic

That argument is pure nonsense. It is easy to prove, because you can apply it to LITERALLY ANYTHING:

• If widow one-shots whole enemy team, it’s their fault for not preventing it.
  • If D.Va’s ultimate starts wiping out the whole map - it is enemy’s fault for not preventing it.
  • If any OP hero does whatever he does - it’s enemy team’s fault for not preventing it.

You just literally say that the only counterplay to Mass Rez is killing Mercy. And that is exactly what made it so frustrating - any other ult you can stop in process or avoid it’s effect. Not this one.

1 Like

Care to explain? I get that hiding for mass rez wasnt intented by developers, but what’s unintended in current Mercy state?

2 Likes

Sure there is a setup for executing the rez but I am talking about the actual instance of her rezzing. When she is rezzing, she is not moving. That still stands true.

Correct, that is still mass rez. Why would we reference the original instance of rez? The latest version of rez is what is being discussed here.

That’s not what I’m arguing though. In fact, I didn’t mention killing her before hand, I am, again, referencing the actual execution of her rez. Even in the midst of rez it’s possible to kill her. I’m simply arguing it’s more possible to kill her than a reaper.

I’ll also put this here because I think talking about mass rez in the context of “back in the day” is honestly useless since that version of the game is so deprecated.

It’s never coming back, but, in some crazy world where it did, there would obviously need to be changes such that she is susceptible to the same cc that everyone is now susceptible to.

Ehm, yeah?

It’s obiviously, if you let a hero being able to kill your entire team or revive the enemy is your problem, the game is based on counterplay.

Doomfist, zenyatta,Sigma (u have like 1 sec, if he summon his circle u cant stop him even if he die).
Killing first the healers is like the base of Overwatch.
And that isn’t the only one way. instead of using 6 ultimate for pushing u can just us some of them and if u cant even kill mercy with 3 ultimates u can use the others for killing her team again, how i already said, i saw a both doing this strategy, i think players should be able to doing that as well.

1 Like

Then fine. I agree with your statements. But still believe mass rez would be bad for the game if it returned.

“Hide n Res” wasn’t because there wasn’t any counter play. Also, we could buff other parts of her kit or just flat out give her a new e ability (or throw Valkyrie there).

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw5EC3oPHC8 this is a good idea as well, just some change and could be good on game.

1 Like

On the world where making Mercy threads is still a thing.
One more today. Mercy threads are on a strike !

On internet we can found A LOT OF GOOD CHANGE for her, without deleting her mass ress, her rework wasn’t needed.

I get it. It’s never coming back – I’d never be naive enough to think it would. It is an interesting concept though. I think mass rez was just a little ahead of its time. I wonder if they created mass rez with the context of all the other heroes they had coming down the line because with all the cc and flanking abilities out there now, she wouldn’t be as treacherous and “unfun” to face. I think they screwed up planning. She shouldn’t have been a part of the original bunch.

1 Like

It’s possible, but I doubt it. Unless they originally planned to give it the cast time.

1 Like

In the world she had only that (?) No other abilities, just to begin

I see you ignored other examples. Good, as expected.

But you mention it yourself - you HAVE time for counterplay, and a lot of heroes have tools to survive. Zarya’s bubble, Mei’s Iceblock, Zen’s ultimate, Lucio’s ultimate, Mei’s icewwall planted in the center of doomfist circle, shadowstep…

As to Zen’s ultimate, like Sombra’s, it has much weaker effect than resurrecting anyone in given radius. And Sombra’s one can even be stopped mid-cast, even if it’s a short time period. Mercy? She was INVINCIBLE during cast.

So to clear my position:

1. I am not against Mercy’s buff if stats show it is needed.
  2. I am not against any other Mercy changes, as long as they are balanced.
  3. I am not even against Mass Rez coming back…
  4. I am against Mass rez coming back the way it was - single cast for all, invulnerable during cast. Make it a channeling ability with multiple ways to stop it - I’m all for that.
1 Like

Your team screwing up has nothing to do with fairness or balance of mercies abilities

Even if you only used your ult to res 2-3 people then it’s wouldn’t make the fight a fair one unless the enemy team had a mercy of their own. Having a res punishes good plays and nullifies bad ones. Also, that still doesn’t make res any harder to use. It was instant cast aoe ability. There was no way you could actually stop it(and i mean stop, not prevent).

Again, that’s mostly on your team. If you call out the rez then your team should be more than prepared for the fight.

If the junk dies mid ult he doesn’t get it back.

Exactly IF it is lost. Regardless of the outcome your team still get that second chance.

Yes, tempo resing was better, but hide and seek was a fairly popular strategy and a lot of the times it worked.

Most of the healing at the time of mass res came from mercy as the 2nd helear was usually either zen or lucio. Two main healers wasn’t that common.

Even outside of a vacum mercy has an easier time building her ultimate compared to other heroes simply becuase there’s no room for error. She cannot miss her heals. If there’s someone to heal she will be healing them.

cough… pre nerf martix with dva in almost every game… cough

But you’re okay with ults killing 5 people with the press of a button?

2 Likes

That awkward moment when you’re only solidifying my argument. I don’t have a bone to pick with reaper. I’m only pointing out that 5 people being rezzed vs. killed isn’t all that different to me. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Most ults that can wipe a team requite more effort than just pressing q. You could argue that reaper doesn’t, but death blossom has a long cast time and can be easily countered.

Not gonna address this stupid argument any more.

3 Likes

That was before the combined DPS powercreep and gutting of tank survivability, so it was possible to exist outside the cover of a shield without instantly blowing up back then :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Reapers ult was unusable without proper set up or combos. You would get killed almost every time outside of bronze.

You’re talking as if every dps ultimate could be used to solo wipe a team, which is not the case.

If there was a team wipe it was usually achieved by effort of multiple people and a lot of resources. While mercy could undo all of that by simply tapping a button for one of the fastest building ultimates in the game.

was a yes for everything.

tell me how u can kill zen on his ultimate, or stop doomfist.

So? still the fact he is unstoppable and very fast as well.

watch the last link i posted, i think that fit what are u talking about, need some change, but for a start is good.

I really can’t understand what was wrong on her mass ress, just kill her, wasn’t even that hard since she wasn’t even able to make her tricks. Another good change could be let Mercy to revive her allies only for the first 4 seconds after their death.

How i already said, there was a lot of way to make it more easy to counter, rework wasn’t needed.