It's been over a week - and STILL no OWL rewards!

Dude on top of not getting our OWL reward drops, a lot of bugs they supposedly “fixed” are still in the game. It feels like we didn’t actually get an update at all. It was literally the patch day where everything could have been turned around and they failed all around.

9 Likes

If you go to work then you have a contract of employment. What contract do you have with Blizzard, genius?
The answer is; you don’t. You agree to Blizzards ToS, or you don’t. Accept or reject. Either way, you own absolutely nothing, and have zero say

I used it as another analogy but seems like you missed this one too. The contract is the terms and conditions and we would even have hours logged somewhere similar to twitch drops.

Now they can totally decided to go back on it and screw over everyone who hasn’t received their items but that would damage them far more than making good on the drops.

Also one of the ways to try and solve this issue “ask for a refund” as you mentioned many times is by making is thread.

You must enjoy making snide remarks with no value to see what happens huh. I for one love to watch as you repeat yourself and add more comments to this thread. At least you can have some iota of positive contribution. Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m not making snide comments, I’m just explaining to you how the real world works. Just because you don’t like this doesn’t mean that I’m making snide comments.
You have chosen to accept Blizzards ToS. Unfortunately no where does it state you will be refunded for your time.

The snide comment was to the OP. The one where you mentioned Santa and failed to add anything meaningful.

I am unfortunately rather aware of how a “real” this world is and that Blizzard might flip us the bird but it would be a poor business decision as they already were giving these items out for participation and wont receive any monetary loss by fulfilling their own offer.

If they want to add another failure to their already extensive list so early in Overwatch 2’s life span all the power to them.

10 Likes

you need to wake up mate. They are a massive company that advertised OWL with the Perks. If I don’t get my 250+ tokens and all the skins for my 35+ hours watched then I will be making a trip to Blizzards Center up in London because that’s worth approximately £20 for the token alone. Around 70 skins including the away version, which at a price of 150 league tokens per purple that’s 10500 token, another £70 odd. Then there’s also the 35 hours of my time which i could have been working costing me around £500. So yeah i think them not fulfilling their end of the bargain is extremely unprofessional and could be classed as false advertisement, They’ve already mugged off OW1 players by giving us nothing to show for being legacy players and making us pay for the new characters. They cant keep getting away with this bull

11 Likes

I’d like my rewards too but at this point, it seems hopeless. This company is truly only filled with scumbags.

9 Likes

actually 2 weeks for the skins and a whole month for the tokens … everyone starting to realize i was right about us never receiving the rewards ? no?

1 Like

you do realize actiblizz is the embodiment of “poor business decision” they turned the biggest publisher on the planet (besides chinacent ofc) into a complete joke that has ot be sold off lol

“Deceptive advertising” is what I’d classify it as…

2 Likes

I too in the situation where I still haven’t received anything from the stream. and i am very sure i was connected correctly, before the playoffs and the grand final i used to watch the matches regularly with always the same method (mobile app and youtube).

As long as they are technical issues I can understand that. Much less when they say “well, I don’t think you were connected”. It hasn’t been said yet but… IF it happens, I’d say it’s worth reminding us about 2023 and their eagerness to brag about viewership numbers to investors every year.

3 Likes

Where are my skins? You deceived thousands.

4 Likes

Technically, Blizzard did made a promise about getting rewards as part of their OWL viewership program.

I agree with you when you say this is ‘the real world’ hence why they are getting ‘real world’ consumer/public backlash.

For example, let’s say you stopped someone on the street and you asked them 5 minutes of their time to do a quick survey, and in return you will give them $1 as a reward as an incentive for them to participate. However, they did the survey you did not give them their reward. What do you think their reaction would be? Regardless of any legal stipulations that they may or may not have agreed on. I doubt they would be happy.

Also, Blizzard is a US company, but serves an international audience. I know for a fact in US that there are laws for loyalty/incentive program – the OWL event rewards is essentially a ‘loyalty/incentive’ program. Or they wouldn’t have drafted a long rule for it.

It does say in page 6 - #13 that Blizzard and YouTube are not responsible for anything, but to also to check local State laws.

3 Likes

Do YOU know how the real world work?
If you go to the OWL website and go here:
http s://www.overwatchleague.com/en-us/2022/playoffs?playoffs=perks
You can read on what rewards were supposed to be granted via viewership rewards, further if you go to this website which is an official rule book for the event you can read more about it:
http s://assets.blz-contentstack.com/v3/assets/blt321317473c90505c/bltc000917779936d1d/635ac0e85e1b6d519cb60c6e/2022_Postseason_Perks_Rules-Final-US.pdf
In real world if you participate in this sort of things you would receive whatever you were supposed to receive.
In what world do you live where a person does not get what they signed up for?
(Outside of obvious scams which i wouldn’t be surprised if you have fallen into judging by the lack of understanding of the situation)
Sadly we can’t do much except wait and bother Blizzard about it till they actually give people what they earned as the rules (pretty much a contract) states not much can be done about it in legal terms

5 Likes

If it does come down to a London trip, please video it. I’d love to see there reaction of you turning up :grin:

5 Likes

The bootlicking here is breaking records.

6 Likes

BUMP dor visibility. They dropped the ball hard and need to be held accountable.

4 Likes

You realize that in the world, the only currency that matters is time right? Literally every currency in the world can be spent on someone elses time. Even if you buy a car, that is someone elses time to design and build it. Or if i go down even deeper into the rabbit hole, that person also spent time to learn how to do that stuff, while someone also taught him/her, spending time by doing so.

Every single job in the entire world is based around this time exchange. You spend your time in exchange for payment,which then you can use to ask for someone elses time.

In this case, people did the same. They spent time to receive the amount of payment blizzard promised. Blizzard did not fulfilled their end of the bargain and they are essentially breaking the law.
If someone had the guts and money to take this to a court, they have a very high chance to actually win. Why? Because this translates to either breach of contract or false advertisement which could very easily translate to a class action lawsuit.

Its basicly the same as your workplace not paying you at the end of the month while at first saying they did, and when you prove that they did not, they promise to fix it somewhere down the line and never hear from them again.
What you are suggesting is that this is completely fine, because its just the way it is and the world is a cruel place.
I wonder how you would feel at the end of the month like that.

Sure this is just a game and its not like your life depends on it, but it dosnt change the fact, that in legal terms its still very much serious.

5 Likes

open a support ticket its basically what they answer

I haven’t gotten most of the rewards either despite watching every stream and encore :pensive:

3 Likes