It takes 8 months of grind to afford one legendary skin

That is actually the goal. To make the battlepass appears as a good deal compared to other stuff so more people buys it.

5 Likes

Which is purely optional.

Buy anything from a company its a donation.

Iā€™m talking WoW pre ActivisionBlizzard. Activision - then led by Kotick - wanted an MMO in his portfolio, and nothing was bigger than WoW back then. So he bought Vivendi who at that time owned Blizzard, closed down Vivendi and created ActivisionBlizzard.

Sadly he won. Not only is OW2 is going to make billions. He is also going get few more yachts, a mansion and what not. Thx you whales.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with being an older gamer (Iā€™m 50) - but yeah, donā€™t feed the trolls :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s kinda how business works. I mean I am absolutely no fan of Koticks, butā€¦

he is the reason we even have Overwatch. It was his support when Project Titan failed and they were reviewing the character designs that he liked them so much (IIRC specifically Torb) that he greenlit the project to make Overwatch.

Most of the money will not go to Kotick, and in fact over time will go to Microsoft.

You are free of course to start your own game company and join him on his yacht if you can manage it.

Pretty sure everyone prefers how easy it was to get cosmetics with lootboxesā€¦ but not if it comes at the cost of the game not steadily releasing playable content after 3-4 years, we want new playable content forever

The new monetization system is worth getting steady content for the next decade

When you can refute what I say with reason and facts please do so, otherwise you are the troll.

People like to express ideas and sentiments here in a group therapy circle and without challenge to their feelings. If you canā€™t justify your feeling, well, you are just being subjective and arbitrary.

Meanwhile the actual game platform thatā€™s aimed at young people (Roblox) is filled with gambling especially one of the biggest games ā€œAdopt Meā€

At peak times 4m people are on only 14% of the playerbase is over 25 :face_holding_back_tears:

To me the cosmetics pricing is more ridiculous than locking a hero. It blows my mind how so many people think charging as much for 2 video game outfits as a pair of real Levis costs is acceptable.

They could sell skins for $1 or $2 a pop and still make a killing. This is highway robbery.

26 Likes

The point was this is all we heard about the evils of loot boxes - now you see what you get as an alternative. Then they complain about that. It never ends.

But will it tho?

They dont lose anything important if they dont spend money

Cosmetics arent mandatory

2 Likes

Oh my bad, didnā€™t realise that what you mean, sorry xD

1 Like

Never forget you are the eminent Moira player I actually respect on this forum.

1 Like

This game will be lucky to last 2 years before it gets the Heroes of the Storm treatment.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a good joke lol

Tbh I would rather take the 3 OW skins. Not a big fan of Elden Ring.

1 Like

Sure, keep telling yourself that

Canā€™t believe itā€™s gonna be $20 lol

I sure hope that Moira gets barely any skins bcs sheā€™s hated :joy:

Every time you get tempted by a skin shove $20 on steam, youā€™ll have enough to buy any games you want by the time the Christmas sale comes LOL

I want that new FF game but itā€™s Ā£70 on Steam, and then goes on sale for Ā£50ā€¦ LOL :face_holding_back_tears: Iā€™d rather buy that ngl

2 Likes

Sure. Large scale research tends to work. Meta studies over MANY large scale research projects tend to work very well, you know, because stats.

If you want to mock people for basing their choices on science rather than ideology then go right ahead.

But, using the studies rather than trying to mock stuff with

ā€œBuT THiNk AbOUt Da ChIlDrunzā€

Is using facts and reason. They have the studies to back up what they do, they have the proof. You donā€™t.

Looks like I can refute what you say with reason and facts. So Iā€™m not the troll.

5 Likes