It Is Literally Impossible To Climb

literally all there seems to be is throwers,leaver,smurfs. so many games where I had throwers ; how is this game supposed to be fun? how will this be fixed if ever? and if not do you not care about comp or the game for that matter?Literally just had a guy say "im at work so I may be afk " in comp. then when I reported and asked others it was a idiot show with trolls trying to get me reported. will ow2 fix any of this if your abandoning ow1? if not whats the point?out of 10 games I can honestly say I had at least 4-5 with either a thrower/leaver/smurf(smurfs that are obvius I’m saying, also smurfs who throw on your own team after killing 5 people in 10 seconds). can’t have fun and SR is meaningless.and ya matchmaking is HORRID

It’s not just you struggling.

I have been trying to up my DPS rank (Gotta get dat 3k amirite?), I usually play support.

I went 13wins 4losses and lost 50 SR with that record.

50/50 would literally put me down about 400 sr everytime i log in, it’s crippling. I have absolutely not idea how people climb when your MMR is literally hard locked.

It took me two years… TWO years… to climb from silver to plat as a healer.

Sounds like you played Ana - she doesn’t cope well with the chaos in lower ranks. If you had picked Moira or Bap you could could have left silver and low gold behind i prob 20-30 hours - they thrive on the chaos.

It took me ONE MONTH to climb from plat to diamond as a healer.

Sounds like you play Ana.

1 Like

This. Totally this. A - you are actually probably doomed for a losing streak if you continue (matchmaking wise), and B - there’s a good chance you will focus less on your actual game and more on the fear of losing again.

1 Like
  1. its either you abuse op heros like cree ashe mercy brig ball to climb
  2. you dont abuse them, you are in a disadvantage and need to play and learn more about the game
  3. the other team takes the op broken brig/heros and then you have to abuse them ,or you lose 65-70% of the times.
    Welcome to “ competitive “ mode
1 Like

Another “only wins don’t bother me” thread.

1 Like

That is littérally inpossible knowing my alt which i queue comp on is at 55+ winrate on my worst and up to 78 for played heros this season. You can’t just use what people endlessly complain about. You’re just not good enough to climb yet. Alot of coaching/Scrims and you’ll be good to go.

1 Like

Ah yes, my daily dose of reading a “this happened to ME in ranked, therefore, the entire MMR system is rigged” post.

My sustenanceeee

1 Like

I have to agree. Yesterday I did placements in open queue and after I popped off with 4 wins in a row and 5 wins in 7 games, I started getting games where my opponents were just so good I couldn’t do anything to win. It was just impossible, they rolled over us as if they were three ranks above us…and these three losses in a row made me win/loss ratio exactly 50% …strange…
the moments you start winning significantly more games, you suddenly start getting much stronger opponents and get weaker teammates so it makes sure you stay where you are…unless, of course, you are a diamond player in gold who can carry every single game which I cant

2 Likes

It is not “impossible” to climb, but moving up or down in ranked competitive play is completely incidental when matches are algorithmically handicapped. More information in my thread on the subject:

This is cannot be understated, and the minute you lose a win streak STOP. Take a break and re-queue.

1 Like

Even still, break or no break, if the game decides it wants you to lose you will lose. It doesn’t matter how long you break for. If it’s an hour, or a day, or a few days to a week, if the game decides you should lose you will until you flip your MM rating (wins/losses).

You want to break the game? When you’re on your win streak, try teaming up with those same 6 people for some time. You’ll see the system can do little to force a loss streak because the system cannot manipulate your team. In my experience, this usually means a 7+ win streak. And oftentimes, this means playing with people two ranks above you.

2 Likes

ok that is just boosting :joy:

1 Like

So it’s boosting if you play with a team the matchmaker made for you, and keep winning?

Funny, that a win streak with a good team is called “boosting”

I am not sure you are not correct in some cases.

Playing in a premade with people that are two ranks above you is boosting. period.

agreed… Also, it favours losing because if youre a climbing player and roll people fast they always leave and it doesnt credit the better team and odds are you’ll lose the next game

The people are the same rank…

The GAMES end up becoming two ranks higher because of the team’s skill.

It’s almost as if putting players on a team that know what they’re doing are able to climb this ridiculous mess you call a ladder.

You’re getting your X’s and O’s crossed up my dude.

to be able to beat this matchmaker and climb nowodays
a) You have to be 2 ranks above your SR
b) You need to play in stack which can actually play as a team in efficent way

My humble take on this is that you should just find a better game to play cause unless you lpve Overwatch you are just losing time my friend. The requirement this game has on sharp reflex and good aim dont suit everyone unfortunately.