It’s time for a new Developer Update. It’s been 6 months

With the chaos in the forums, I suppose the next announcement may be or at least ease:

1. Overwatch 2 progress
  2. Role Queue
  3. Hero Bans
  4. Nerfs/Buffs
  5. Mei gets a huge buff of Mei puns

…I’m going with number 5 :thinking:

3 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/144-known-issues-list/447273

Dec, 2017

Jan 2018

Feb 2018

March 2018

May 2018

June 2018

Sept 2018

In short, Oirsa was considered garbage for AGES.

4 Likes

Wait a minute papa… if the dev update will release close to the end of the month… does that mean we get a ptr update on thursday??? I mean, last cycle was 1 week and we haven’t got a new update since then… and the month ends on the thursday after this week O.o papa… tell me it’s true!

2 Likes

Dinoflask will be happy

4 Likes

Hmmm.

Yeah, it looks even worse :expressionless:

F.

Gotta hope that gets better :pray:

That is only to end of 2018 - so we have had a year since. BUT I don’t have data for it.

It IS interesting that Moira saw some use JUST before Moth meta hit, and totally flattened her.

I didn’t think there was that 1-2 months of her being used, Slambulance was getting popular, so it could be that.

1 Like

I really like the developer update videos, please dont stop doing it. :slight_smile:

That is awesome news

You forgot about the GOD of thiccc butts. Roadhog!

“winks at side camera”

1 Like

Yes please. We need more material for Dinoflask🙃

5 Likes

Is this why Emongg was winking? Is he going to be in the video?? That‘d be really great.

I‘m guessing you guys are doing more than adding OW2 UI into the game.

(ps4 LFG is done using “L2“ now, but the UI still says “square“ on the main matchmaker menu. I‘ve also noticed a few other issues, but I assume you guys are aware of the stuff that needs to be fixed - found that this morning while I was testing one of the workshop modes XD)

Thanks big papa Jeff. Hope you are able to take care of yourself during all these updates

Let’s hope it’s not him sitting for 5 straight hours not saying anything.

1 Like

Evening Jeff! Hope all is well in Irvine

Thanks for the post Jeph.

IF the hero ban ‘rumors’ are correct, allow me to say that im kind of worried about the implementation of the system, and how it’s going to affect high ranks where people know each other, and basically they know each others’ main heroes, or, a hero certain people excel with.

So, my proposition would be, during the start of the match, or the banning phase (if you did it this way), please conside hiding people’s borders/names/icons, for that 40 ish seconds, so people won’t ‘target ban’.

usually when a dev update is released, so is a big patch, or announcement of a big patch

Hey Jeff, if you guys came out and said the following, you‘d probably instantly see stock rises.

Mei‘s a Tank and we‘re making her character model even more Thick.

======================================

But honestly, I‘m hoping it‘ll be something more like the following…

For the PTR test on 1/3/2 game mode, Armor is getting another buff to DR7 against anything over 14 damage. Beams now do 30% less against Armor. This is only for the PTR tests - starting February 1st. When the testing period concludes, we will not implement this change to RQ on the live server, but we will review the collected test data. If we think that the majority of the public response to the test looks good, we’ll put forward another test period by the start of the Summer.

[just my wishlist, pay no mind to me]

I feel like that’s exactly what was said last time…