Issues since upgrading hardware

Hello,

I upgraded my PC’s mobo, processor and RAM from an old i7 to a Ryzen 7 2700x. I’m using the same graphic card GTX 1070ti.

Followed this post’s instructions about Ryzen processors Known Technical Support Issues - Updated Oct 13, 2021 - #18 by Drakuloth Bios is updated to the latest version, so is AMD chipset for my mobo (B450), video drivers are updated too.

If I play in practice room I don’t have issues, the issues come with QP or comp, it suddenly crashes and closes OW. Today has crashed 3 times in a row.

Here’s the latest error log: -www.dropbox.com/s/7vjutwosbrjxoo2/Overwatch_64719_Retailx64_enUS_7608_01-02-20_07.47.51_ErrorLog.txt?dl=0

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Hey there Chilaquil,

The crash I’m pulling up in my system from 1/1/2020 from your account is calling out “nvwgf2umx.dll” in the crash thread. These are part of the Nvidia graphics drivers.

Lets first do a system file checker. Once that’s done use this Display Driver Uninstaller software to remove any older graphics drivers then install a clean copy from the Nvidia website.

Let us know if this works for you.

1 Like

Hello Kaldraydis, I did everything you said and could play for about 2-3 hours but suddenly I got a Blue screen.

Got this info from the Event Viewer

- System

|||- Provider

[ Name ] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid ] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

|||- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime ] 2020-01-03T07:50:32.555979500Z

EventRecordID 26961

Correlation

|||- Execution

[ ProcessID ] 4

[ ThreadID ] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-1IMM5UH

|||- Security

[ UserID ] S-1-5-18

Unfortunately that error is just Windows saying it shut down unexpectedly and doesn’t tell anyone why – annoying I know!

Can you post a DXDIAG?
Instructions here

Copy and paste it into a forum post between three ~~~ at the start on its own line and three ~~~ at the end on its own line, it should look like this

DXDiag goes here

Failing that, upload it to pastebin[.]com and give us the code at the end of the URL.

I installed Windows in Spanish but luckily most of the info is in English

Pastebin: 3Jy5C8rt

Update: tried to play Mystery heroes and OW crashed after the 2nd match, error log in paste bin -> EybxLQwX

Try running a repair on Windows. The desktop manager (what controls everything you see in Windows) is reporting crashes, when can be the sign of a corrupt update to the OS.

You could also try manually checking for updates after that.

The other crash I see is your Corsair headset drivers. Those crashing could cause the game to crash, but I’m not certain about this.

I think I may have found the solution.

I was about to run a repair on Windows like Nicole suggested, but a friend of mine told me to limit RAM speed, my RAM using XMP profile ran to 3200Mhz, he told me that some Ryzen cpu’s from the 2nd generation have issues handling that speed, so I set it to 2933Mhz in the BIOS. Played about 6-8 hours during the weekend and no issues or crashes so far.

Update: 3 days playing and no crashes, I think reducing the RAM speed and all your help did the trick. Thanks!

Update 2: Another friend at discord told me that XMP profiles can cause trouble when Overclocking memory, so I manually configured my RAM at 3200Mhz in BIOS and no issues so far. What was causing the crashes was almost 100% sure the XMP profile.