Is this a typo?

Continuing the discussion from Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes - February 13, 2024:

Assuming this is a typo.

Zarya has 225 HP. Not 100.

I think it’s using open queue values for some reason.

Well that’s a bit daft…

2 Likes

Health not shields??mor maybe they meant shields (I don’t know what values she has off top of head

225 HP / 225 Shield.

In that case I guess the take away is it’s going up by 75….

And by it I mean whatever they were referring to :man_shrugging:t2:

Training mode is the real Overwatch experience. Competitive is just a poor replication and using those numbers would only serve to confuse those of us using the default mode.

It’s one of those FromSoft things where you need to know the old value to understand the new value, assuming the values are visible without delving into the code.

It’s one of those “Devs should triple check before posting to make sure numbers are correct”.

:slightly_smiling_face:

It all checks out.

In openQ, she has 100hp, 225shields l.
In roleQ the tank passive adds 150hp to her to 100hp to get 250hp. She now has 250 + 75 white hp in rq and only 175 white in open

They balanced the non roleQ tank health as a tank passive modifier.

All the tanks hp are listed in open queue values (-150 hp from role que so to get the actual hp value add the 150)

It’s actually one of those, “devs should just use the role queue values, since that’s what the majority of the player base plays.”

It’s like living in Switzerland and someone insists on giving you measurements in yards. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah very dumb to use openqueue for patch notes

Technically the Tank passive gives them more health in Role-que specific modes.

So technically the default is noe role-que modes.