Is there anything that can be done to alleviate dps que times?

So, here I am, playing comp after about a year, and then wham, 10-minute dps que times, so I play support instead.

Is there anything that can be done to alleviate this? 25 credits aren’t going to make me want to stop playing DPS, it’s just disappointing to have to wait that long in general.

All I can say is removing open queue would kind of help as it would lower queue times for DPS players but make other roles times longer.

There are only 2 ways. We need a bigger playerbase, or we need to revert role queue entirely. Technically more tanks and supports would help alleviate them; however, oddly enough Jeff is against that idea… so… yeah, I guess there are only 2 viable solutions.

3 Likes

when open queue reopens, dps queue times should go down as well

They need to balance out the tank and support role as well ask making them feel rewarding and fun to play

Exactly. Even this “Open Q exists along side Role Q” idea, isn’t really a solution.

Will it help with DPS Q times? Sure. But, what about Supports/Tanks/Flex players that are currently filling those roles, but they decide to move over to Open Q? That could potentially hurt the 222 side of the game. It’s already struggling now, with lack of tanks.

And, yes, while I understand that most Tank and Support players will probably stick with Role Q, the 222 side of the game is already struggling now, and they can’t afford to lose any players. And I know of Flex players, that are currently filling out those Tank and Support Qs That will move over to open queue, permanently, once it’s implemented (Hell, I am one, myself). And that will hurt the 222 side of the game, as well.

Honestly, having only 222 didn’t work for multiple reasons, having both might not work because we lack the player numbers to do it, and too many people don’t want to go back to pre-222. Also, things like 132 are polarizing, in this community.

So, there really isn’t a good solution here, that solves all the problems. Everything has some kind of drawback, it’s just a matter of which system/approach has the least amount of them.

2 Likes

Or introduce open queue comp, which they’re doing.

My comment above yours, explains why that might not be the “silver bullet” solution that (some) people think it is.

No, it’s absolutely not a “silver bullet” solution since people are dps freaks and the first thing they’ll do is insta lock dps or play goats in diamond and above.

1 Like

But it’s a good enough jury rig fix, until they do something like this:

✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

1 Like

There’s still the fundamental issue that people don’t actually want to play tanks and supports is the thing.

1 Like

That’s true. As a Band-Aid fix, the “Have OQ and Role Q” thing, is probably one of their better ideas. But we shouldn’t get too ahead of ourselves, thinking that this will just solve everything. That’s all I’m trying to say here.

But, I will admit, that I am excited about the idea of that open queue will just now be part of the game. Yes, the game will still be balanced around 222, but we won’t be forced into that composition.

1 Like

Play open queue, I am never touching 222 DPS queue ever again, 15 minutes is not worth to queue for only to play in a restricted stale 222 meta comps. Open queue is chaos, fun.

Given the popularity of battle royales, you aren’t alone on that opinion.

Give more visual and audio feedback for tanks/healers. Blocking ults, topping off healing, lifesaving etc. are all things that can be shown better in-game.

1 Like

No there isn’t. you need more people to play Tanks and Supports, it’s the only way to decrease the wait time for DPS. There is no Magic formula of composition that will reduce the wait time. If you drop the tank role to 1, you’ll shift tank mains that don’t want to play solo tank, into the DPS role. You shift it to Solo support, you’re going to do the same, more support mains will jump ship and bloat the DPS pool.

Make tanks fun to play and add supports that require more than 2 braincells to play.

Stop constantly using support and tanks as balancing sticks and actually try to balance the game as a whole. The people who are currently playing the role will finally be able to play the characters they want instead of the same two meta characters because the rest of the class is garbage at the moment.

Actually care about how fun a tank and support is fun to PLAY instead of always changing them based on the opinions of people who don’t even touch those roles.

Revert role queue, balance the tanks better. Pick one my friend.