Is there a reason against cross-save?

I understand not letting people on console mingle with PC players (even though lots of games do it these days), and I understand why the competitive rank ladder is separate for each platform. What I do not understand is why hero galleries and player icons have to be separate. Some skins (i.e. blizzcon or some other promo) can be applied to your account as a whole across all platforms. So it is possible and evident for items in the hero gallery to be shared. D:~

Y’all I just wanna enjoy the spoils of the hundreds of hours I put into PS4 before switching to PC. Maybe I’m weird idk.

Would love to know if there’s an actual reason or logic behind it, though.

Hope everyone’s having a fun day in Overwatch!

5 Likes

I just wanted my skins, golden guns and icons to cross over to pc when I switched. Unfortunately I had to restart from the beginning but its not so bad. Ever since blizzard added the loot protection, I was able to catch up to the things I had on ps4 in less than a month.

There are some things however you cannot replace. :C

Yeah but oh well, its just a video game so who cares? The experience on pc is so much better that I highly recommend switching. I got my top 500 icon on console and just got my too 500 icon on pc so its fine. I have also already caught up with golden guns on pc, since seasons end faster, getting golden guns is much faster.

Short answer is no-

Long answer is yes.

At the end of the day we’re talking about content that was acquired via sales that conducted over different legal platforms.

There thousands of feet of red tape and loops to jump through because there’s, potentially, money involved on someone else’s platform and there’s a lot of contractual work involved.

If it wasn’t paved to be shared before hand- it’s amazingly difficult to get Sony / Microsoft / etc to come to an agreement about that stuff down the line afterwards.

I just want my challenge skins to transfer over. I have several one time event skins on my ps4 account including pink mercy and goats brig.

1 Like

Good for you?

This “I don’t care so nobody else is allowed to” mentality is silly.

1 Like

:seedling: :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :four_leaf_clover: :shamrock: :herb: :leaves:

All dat green.

LOL. This response made my night.

1 Like

Someone asked that years ago and I believe Blizzard’s response was simply because they couldn’t do it. I think something about them not being able to access Sony/Microsoft’s something or other to allow transference of content from one platform to another.

I dunno.

That’s just not true. Other companies have done it. Destiny 2 added cross save a year ago. There’s just no excuse for it at this point.

I think it should be a feature added with Overwatch 2.

Lowkey, the reason is probably money. Starting over isn’t that bad though if you play enough. You can get most of the skins that you want in a relatively short time.

Cross-Save better than Cross-Play for Overwatch :zipper_mouth_face:
Cross-Play it’s good but it makes it worse than a smurf :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
maybe truth or not
whatever

I’m just going off what I heard, I can’t say for sure what their excuse is/was but I honestly thought it was a load of crap.

Probabably, ya know

$

Either that or sony beeing annoying

The reason is money. When someone buys a lootbox on a console, MS or Sony gets a cut and Blizzard gets the rest.

Both MS and Blizzard have publicly stated they are open to cross-save, but they need all three to agree. So until OW2 comes out and gives Blizzard huge negotiating power to force Sony’s hand we’re stuck with what we have.