Is teabaging considered violation of conduct?

It’s bad sportsmanship dude. Again, just play the game and quit using strategies that involve dulling everyone else’s experience. It’s really simple to do.

you lot are fags, im gona teabag all of you. someone get the kettle on iv got some teabags brewing

2 Likes

immature isn’t against the rules.

1 Like

I thought it was a contract and can’t have a “spirit”. That’s basically making up rules that aren’t there.

yup, basically this…

“It’s a function in the game, Crouching. No matter the intent behind the gesture, it is nothing more than a gesture built into the game itself.”

This is the same rationale as “That word just means a bundle of sticks, there’s nothing offensive about it, I can yell it all I want and you’re wrong to be upset.”

Of course intent matters, and when you’re standing in one spot crouching up and down on someone you just killed, your intent is 100% clear. You’re not dodging anything. You’re not trying to further the gameplay interests of your team. You are making a joke about raping a corpse in order to humiliate another player.

If you think there’s nothing toxic about such jokes, and rape and corpse desecration are perfectly family-friendly subjects, argue on that basis. Don’t pretend “I meant a bundle of sticks.” You’re lying and we all know it.

I’m sorry, but your analogy doesn’t quite hold up… I was talking purely about the Code of Conduct, and how Crouching does not violate it, As much as any other physical movement you are able to do in game.

The use of already mentioned explicit language, is another case Entirely.
Sorry, i just… Can’t see how Crouch spamming gets people so angry… Even if the intent is there.

Talk to someone in charge, if you actually want an official answer on it.

Gestures are a form of language. This gesture is a well-worn one with a clear message, and any excuses about “it’s just gameplay, it doesn’t mean anything” are, well, either lies or stupidity.

As far as whether it is strictly against the Code of Conduct, you may be right. I don’t especially care about that. If that’s your point, argue on that basis. What I object to is your disingenuous statement that the gesture is “nothing more” than a simple gameplay function.

Ok, prove to me that it was added into the game for reasons other than crouching your hero down, into a Lower stance.

Once you provide evidence towards it having any other reason behind it’s implementation, Then i might consider it something other than a physical movement.

Otherwise… It’s knees being used to their fullest extent.

How do you know they aren’t doing the tactical crouch?

What? The gesture wasn’t the reason crouching was added, any more than the letter N was inserted to the chat function specifically so people can say the N-word. It started as a gameplay function, and then that gameplay function was abused to create an obscene gesture. The existence of the letter N is not proof that it’s okay to say the N-word, and the existence of crouching is not proof that the gesture is acceptable.

“How do you know they aren’t doing the tactical crouch?”

The same way I know you’re not talking about a bundle of sticks when you yell a certain offensive word.

Realistically no one gets in trouble for report abuse.

There’s COUNTLESS people who will report for anything and everything that doesn’t break the rules.

Unless you’re submitting hundreds upon hundreds of reports and filling the report field with “LOL IM REPORT ABUSING XDDD” then nothing will happen to you.

Not that I support report abuse. Not at all.

But Blizzard isn’t going to do anything about report abusers.

Please uninstall

Once again… That comparison really doesn’t get you anywhere.

The use of explicit language (From the real world, holding real world meanings and insults) Is NOT Anywhere close to the perceived “Insult” From a physical Movement in game.

Literally didn’t answer my question either.

Prove it has a Literal other meaning behind it’s existence, then you might have something.

Your “Bundle of sticks” argument is pretty weak…

The words you mention are a specific Phrase, deemed already unacceptable by most (Should be all) Of society.

The action of crouching, is a physical movement, Used to lower ones self down, and potentially out of harms way.

Unless you are also greatly insulted by military training, Then you shouldn’t be insulted by the action being recreated in a digital environment.

If military training involved use of harmful language, then yes… It’s recreation might be a problem.

But it doesn’t, isn’t, and never has been.

1 Like

What the hell are you talking about? You’re saying that gestures don’t mean things? A “thumbs up” is completely meaningless? A raised middle finger is completely meaningless? Because there’s no “literal” translation?

Try raising your middle finger to everyone you see for the next week. Let me know how that works out for you.

No… Uh… you might want to reread some of what i wrote.

Already do that. (Half way joking)

Problem is, i live with/around rational human beings, who also aren’t insulted by it.

What i’m Getting at, is that fact that you can perceive ANY Physical movement, as an insult… if you want to.
(Words/phrases are a completely different animal… Talk to someone in charge about that.)

Such as, Spinning your hero in circles.

So… are you going to report the next person who spins in circles?

1 Like

Lets get something straight here people.

Physical movements are Not the same as intentionally insulting phrases.

You can accidentally flip someone off, Or… (If you are, lets say… In another country) Make a hand gesture that has some “Meaning” without realizing.

The reason?
We all have hands.

Whereas… You CANNOT Accidentally say/type words.

You Cannot accidentally use the N-word, F-word, or any other specific words.
As they ARE The intent, behind their use.

A Physical movement, (Of any degree) is not the same.
Can we all agree on that? And stop comparing the two?

This is flatly idiotic. Gestures mean things. They may change over time and there is room for interpretation, but the gesture in question has a very specific meaning and intent. Pretending otherwise is disingenuous at best.

I’m not even going to try and argue with you people…

You can falsely report whoever you want, just don’t drag me into your hatred of knees.

2 Likes