Is teabaging considered violation of conduct?

“A Physical movement, (Of any degree) is not the same.
Can we all agree on that? And stop comparing the two?”
We certainly can’t agree on that, because it’s dumb. Gestures mean things. They’re a language like any other.

“You can accidentally flip someone off, Or… Make a hand gesture that has some “Meaning” without realizing.
Whereas… You CANNOT Accidentally say/type words.”
Of course you can. You might cough in a weird way and it can sound to someone like an insult. Your cat might step on your keyboard and make it look like you intentionally typed something nasty. You can simply mispronounce something and make it sound like something else. We’ve all had autocorrect mishaps. We’ve all made “Freudian slips”. Written/spoken words aren’t somehow immune to misunderstanding!

The odds of mistakenly making the gesture in question (standing directly on top of a corpse, and repeatedly tapping the crouch button in a crude simulation of raping it) are about the same as your cat accidentally typing a swear word.

Just because you can do it… does not mean it is right. It’s not just Blizzard’s fault for the reporting system, it’s the communities as well for misuse of the report system, like what the OP posted.

I love that this topic comes up like once a month. If it really makes you feel better than Go ahead you can report him. But tbagging has been around for a long time. Id recommend just moving on and getting over it. But if you have to report them then You can. But just know that if you are reporting then the tbag worked on you.

Now that’s a stretch if i’ve ever heard one… X3

“My cat stepped on my keyboard”
Is literally the same as “My dog ate my homework”

Get real.

Also… It was never about “Accidentally” Crouching.
It’s about why Crouching ins’t an insult, and can’t “accidentally” insult someone, by Playing the game.

Yes you can spam crouch.

Yes you can spin in circles.

Yes you can jump up and down.

But until i make an effort to be insulted by it, it literally isn’t an insulting gesture.

Good DAY Sir.

Also, I’ll help you out a little here:

To quote what someone says, simply click and drag to highlight a line of text, then a “Quote” button will show above it.

Clicking the “Quote” button, will quote whatever is highlighted into a

Nice little bubble

In a new post layout, for you to then create a post about/around, or addressing the quoted text.

And, will notify the person whom you have quoted. :grin:
It was just a little hard to read your posts is all… Hope that helps.

1 Like

Agreed. And these are just as believable as “my finger slipped 5 times while I was standing on your corpse” or “I was dodging 5 bullets but decided to stand still on your corpse while I was dodging.” No more, no less.

Thanks, this has been a pain in the neck to figure out by myself :smiley:

1 Like

I see you’re getting the hang of it. :wink:

I think you may need this:
[Forum HTML tutorial]

Also… Tactical crouching is fine.

Always remember… Chibi would rather teach his enemies than fight them. X3

2 Likes

No one ever said otherwise.

You could say the exact same thing for written and spoken language, and it would be just as silly.

1 Like

All i was originally trying to say, was:

And that reporting for a non-reportable offense, will only hurt you in the long run.

I don’t necessarily agree, but I don’t have an issue with any of that. It’s this foolishness about how there’s no such thing as an offensive gesture I find ridiculous and refuse to let pass.

There’s no such thing as offensive crouching. :wink:

You are aware of the name of the gesture, right? Its etymology? And the fact that everyone in the thread seems to know exactly what it means?

Yes.

But that is not simply crouching.

Crouching, as in, bending ones knees and lowering oneself to the ground, (Mostly to protect oneself from harm) Is NOT anything close to that.

If it did resemble that, THEN We’d have an issue.
Get it?

Unless you’re about to complain about soldier 76’s Pushups being a sexual reference. O-o
(Please don’t)

It’s only personal if YOU make it personal.

So your contention is that the gesture cannot be made in Overwatch? In Overwatch, it is “simply crouching”? Unlike in every other first-person shooter in which the gesture occurs, here it is magically meaningless?

Or is it your contention that the gesture has never existed in any first-person shooter?

Yes.

A “Recreation of the general movement” Can be made, but…

(Stares at Soldier doing pushups)

That can be said for almost anything. :flushed:

Nah. If they do it to you, do it back to them after you kill them.

So where did the name come from? How do you even know what we’re talking about?

And… I’m stopping right here, because i don’t want to be banned for talking about very inappropriate content. :3

(What it Literally means)

It’s BM, that’s it

20 char

I’m not asking you to give a detailed description of what raping a corpse looks like. There, I said it (again). The gesture is a crude simulation of raping a corpse. You seem to understand the physical action involved and how it relates to the name. You seem to understand that everyone but you is aware of and admits to the meaning of the gesture. You seem to understand that language is driven by consensus understanding of abstract symbology, such as words or gestures. So what is so special about this one isolated case? Why in this case does shared meaning, popularly agreed upon, not mean anything? Why does the name and the clear implication in this one case not apply in any way to the intent behind the gesture? What is so magical about this one thing?