Is Symmetra's Shield Generator coming back or is this some mistake?

I was playing an average round of Uprising until when I get to see my stats at the end of the game. One of the lines involved was Symmetra’s old Ultimate ability and was removed in 2018.

I don’t understand that these stats shown on the screen are not even relevant to the Symmetra now, I’m very concerned why its still there when the Shield Generator was removed from the game 2 years ago. Did the devs forgot to remove this or is the Shield Generator may come back for return and left it on the screen? Symmetra 4.0? I hope not. lol

Unfortunately I am a 2019 Overwatch player which I never had a chance to play Symmetra 2.0. Maybe Overwatch should add an arcade mode or workshop option that you can choose heros that have non-existing abilities such as you know Shield Generator, mini Photon Barrier, Torb giving armor packs etc?

I don’t know how to show proof on here as I can’t post images here for evidence.

If you want to see it yourself, then I can tell you how:

1. Play Uprising mode
  2. Play as Symmetra
  3. When it is game over, don’t quit. You will stay on the stats page with your level up bar going up and calculating your scores. “Personal Stats” show the 4th one in the line which says “Shield Generator Uptime”.

I think its a glitch. Blizz would never revert something once they are pushed to live, the only time they reverted a change is Moira fade buff while its on PTR. So basically anything that is pushed to live is there permanently, i doubt ahield generator is coming back.

I dunno, Sigma and Ashe have ‘Shield Generator Locate and Destroy’ lines recorded.

So they either have/had plans to revert her, or they plan on re-introducing the Shield Generator.

Sure, for OW2 most likely, as a PVE power.

…or they’re just sloppy and have been using the same outline for VAs to record lines for since the beginning.

It doesn’t mean anything other than Blizzard is lazy. That glitch has been there every year since the rework…

1 Like

Pretty much, I mean Sigma is a bit iffy but I know they had voice actors pre record a lot of lines. Some got used, some didn’t. It’s pretty standard practice if you don’t know the VA will come back or if their voice might change over time.

Or they are preparing for the future in case they do decide to re-introduce it.

Maybe, it’s possible, but IMO unlikely.

Just was saying that…

…those aren’t the only options.

I am not saying they are going to do that. I am saying they did it as a fail safe.

Should they ever need to re-introduce gen for whatever reason they will be ready. They are future proofing just in case.