Is Sombra Bad (For Overwatch)?

Another reinhardt main complaint

I think sombra is great for the game. Having her allows for creating more crazy heroes that would use a lot of abilities. She is a balance to them. She opens new doors in the game as far as playstyle too. I’m very happy with her in the game.

1 Like

I think you should swap to Orisa if Sombra is bothering you as Reinhardt. Orisa can keep her shield and fortify up while hacked, so she is the better pick in that situation.

just don’t play tank in general.

if your team is not helping you to deal with the Sombra, then its not worth ruining your gaming experience with playing a tank for such people :wink:

Let them play tank and see how it feels to get 0 help :wink:

Silences have existed in mobas since the beginning, the problem is there is no way to remove them in overwatch.

Perhaps the next support should give people tenacity, the ability to slip from crowd controls.

That’d remove the effect of all stuns, the slows, and the knockbacks, the silences, ect. But not the damage. It’d be a new type of shield.

1 Like

I could actually laugh at this for hours. Fixed xD haha funny jokes aside Im fairly active in the bug report section as a Sombra main I have a post with 25 Sombra bugs I encountered since 1.26 7 of them are GAME Breaking: Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] - #2 by Inky-11160

She is by far the most buggy Hero in the game and she is pretty weak too.

That would not be fair when compared to Tracer because Recall heals you and removes things like anti-heal etc. TL removes only Widow poison and zenballs and is risky because TL can be found (and she is F-tier why would you nerf an f-tier hero?)

Well, to be exact she hard counters: Doomfist, Rein, Lucio, Zen
Because of hack completely makes them unable to do there Job

The rest only gets soft countered by hack because they still can to there job (even if its harder)

And she gets countered by everybody with a gun that shoots

And to add my own opinion:

Sombra is keeped weak by blizzard because she is so annoying to play against but basically getting kicked out of LFG-groups and instand being flamed when picking her ingame is no fun for us too. I’m Still in the buff Sombras kit/consistency and nerf EMP charge rate team because I hate her being played as EMP bot by the contenders she is a part of the Game I still believe a lot of people are not used to play against her because she is especially countered by good teamwork but she also need good teamwork to be effective.

I’ve been having too much fun with Hammond to not play that tank. It helps that his gun makes it easy to interrupt Sombra and that he’s fast enough to break LOS before they try to hack me.

I think Sombra is perfectly fine, every time I get hacked I just walk up and shoot her in the face and I’ve probably already done enough by the time it goes through anyway.

…Which is because I never play tanks. That’s probably the real problem here.

1 Like

Then make your own group, problem solved :wink: :smiley:

Well yea but still isnt fair I like to play Solo but just because I’m a Sombra player im not allowed?

Sombra can work when played in a good team but she only works she is not strong in any way nomatter what you do.

And she still is the most bugged hero in the game this makes her even more inconsistand then her 1dmg break.

1 Like

I’m not a Sombra main, and she’s the last character to ruin this game. There are a BUTT-TON of LoS bugs that occur because of hack- making her inconsistent. Go watch Fitzy’s streams (He’s T500, so saying that he doesn’t have his crosshair on the enemy is about as pointless as saying a Bronze sucks at the game).
And before you go shooting down others’ opinions, please go reevaluate yourself, as it’s incredibly childish and demeans your opinion because of how ‘stupid’ you make yourself look by doing that- instead of oh, I don’t know, giving something constructive and true than the clearly biased and subjective.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s what most people are saying.

She’s fairly easy to deal with by most heroes, but some like tanks are especially susceptible.

I guess it’s called a “hard counter.”

I started playing as Orisa, and find her to be a lot of fun!
But sometimes I want to block a wide choke point and that’s what Rein is built for!
If I can’t rely on my shield, then I can’t do my job.

I think is is a much bigger issue on console than PC because I can’t quickly turn around to stop her hack.

Also, I can not play tank, but it’s my presence. In most games I play I’m the only tank, and having a tank can be as important as having a healer.

Sombra uses teamwork, her abilities, and her ultimate to win, but apparently this argument only works for everyone else. Just like her being unable to do consistent damage or damage out of stealth. One hit kills and super burst damage is okay, unless it’s Sombra!

Bunch of stupid double standards around here.

5 Likes

Well thats a teamplay problem I said this already Sombra hardcounters Doomfist, Lucio and Reinhard so its up for the rest of your team to block Sombras hack if they don’t do that well you’re about as usefull as a pharah when counterd by a Widow.

Orisa is probably the best tank do deal with Sombra because she just can activate her anti-cc gold thiny to not get hacked.
Besided that Sombra always was good against tanks be she “hard counters” only one of them.

here a tip against Sombra as Reinhard on Console:

• If she hacks you from behind and you cant turn around quickly drop the shield and instandly bring it up again sometimes thanks to LoS bugs hack gets cancled this is random so it will not work always.

Note this is for Console not PC. Calm down everyone.

ok, if you have no argument just repeat the usuals. got it.

Im saying that it is not fair to get flamed by a playing a Hero you like if you want to play Solo or duo. What argument should I make?

“No ur just dumb u not no how game wurks” or what?

You gave me nothing to argument about.

you said “sombras get kicked out of LFG… so silly”… i told you “make your own LFG then”… “its still unfair”…

the point is you complain about getting thrown out of LFG but don’t want to make your own, you just keep repeating what you write in all the other topics. you are trying to run in circles :wink:

People leave if I create my own as soon as they know im a Sombra player what I understood from your reply was making a group woth friends.

I can sympathize with that…

Lots of people believe she’s weak, because on her own, she kinda is.
She depends on her teammates.

I usually don’t mind fighting her. It’s just when she hard counters you in the middle of a big fight and then suddenly you just, die.
Feels like a cheap death that you couldn’t have prevented.