Is Soldier76 broken right now?

Torb is niche’ so I like that he got some love. 76, McCree, and Ana all seem incredibly powerful at the moment.

I think Soldier is way too overtuned in this state. The old soldier needs a good spread control to aim well but the new requires less skill in my opinion.

I swear to god every game has a soldier now, and if you don’t have a soldier your team is usually losing and then someone switches to soldier. On top of that even if your healers are dpsing or sucking it doesn’t matter bc soldier can just heal himself.

1 Like

I’ve been encountering this for the past month, every game has a soldier and if they don’t as soon as one team starts losing… Soldier appears.

He absolutely is OP my friend, sorry to break it to ya

1 Like

Not broken. Just viable. And because he’s the basis of FPS, getting solid value out of him isn’t hard. And clutching on soldier isn’t too hard if you have decent mechanics.

Yep. Have absolutely noticed this. Happens in OW2 Beta, as well. Just played such a match.

IMO, he is even better than Sojourn, easily, unless you have PINE-level aim/flicks with her Alt Fire.

I think mercy’s are pairing with soldier bc he gets value so easily

He’s definitely better than he used to be, but it still depends on the player. I’ll give the soldier a good chance now though for dmg boost, even if there’s a guaranteed boost like Hanzo, junkrat or pharah. Where I play around 2.5 hitscan players are a mixed bunch. Some can hard carry and click heads all day, then some sit on widow missing every shot and refuse to switch. I honestly wonder how they end up at the same rank.

Why oh why necro such an old thread?

hadn’t logged in and it was on my alerts. I still think soldier is OP though at the moment.

My opinion is a bit partial as im a pharah main…but yes even when i play other heros s76 feels like hes tuned just a little to high. In fact most games if my team dosnt have a s76 on it we will lose, and/or when the enemy team starts losing they switch to s76 and suddenly overpower us. As a pharah player i fear a s76 with decent aim over a Cassady player with good aim. And if s76 is pocketed with a mercy he seems harder to kill then a pharah+mercy or realy any others.

That said the new OW expansion coming out, when they had the beta playable s76 didnt feel as over tuned so that will be a plus i think. The torbs in games are anoying and he seems tougher but hes not over tuned as much as s76 seems to be.