Is Soldier76 broken right now?

It seems like every team is running a soldier76+ something else. Also Torb seems powerful oddly enough although not like Soldier.

It’s not that soldier76 is actually that powerful it’s just that he seems stronger than most any other pick in most situations. Like he doesn’t seem as powerful as Ashe was when she had 15 shots or doom was during double shield but he still seems the best right now.

Seem correct?

5 Likes

All I know is, the most recent damage buff he got back to 20 dmg a bullet is one of the most underrated changes and I literally said when it came out in the experimental it would make him too strong.

They gave him easier aim with a barely noticeable recoil and zero spread, and correctly nerfed his dmg to counteract that… then they decided to buff his dmg right back so now he’s a laser beam that just kinda melts things, especially if the soldier player can hit directs with helix consistently.

Surprised more people didn’t see this coming.

14 Likes

Yeah, this season he seems to be hitting the hardest

1 Like

Hitscans always will be powerful in certain conditions.

Soldier76 is not overpowered, he is just very decent. Can do anything he wants as long enemies cannot counter him

1 Like

He’s currently the top hitscan in the meta except for pure sniper maps.

He’s the only one recently that got a flat damage increase.

He’s the only one that can ignore damage falloff nerfs (with his ultimate.)

He’s got the most consistent mobility of any of the hitscans, with a tiny bit of verticality thanks to rocket jumps.

As a result, he started passing Cassidy in pickrate in the last month.

when did soldier get buffed?

That doesn’t say much.

1 Like

Depends on how you define broken. If you by broken you mean “too much value for too little effort” I’d say yes.

Yeah soldier as a concept never feels broken because his helix is his only burst.
However, he is very frustrating to play against because cross-map it doesn’t seem to matter.
He feels like a lazerbeam, has better dropoff than widow, had a damage and clip buff.
I think what he needs is spread towards the end of holding primary too often (or reduce his clip size). They can give him reload while sprinting with that change.

Not sure that nurfing the damage will really get rid of that feel.
The issue, to me, is that he has next to no downtime which adds to the lazer-like feel.

Not as much as Cassidy and Tracer but I think a nerf is in order for him at some point.

1 Like

You main the biggest Soldier counter, if you are struggling vs him then idk what to tell you.

2 Likes

All those poor Soldiers playing against Doomfist lol

Overtuned alongside half a dozen other heroes.

Who cares though? Not Blizz, that’s for sure. There’s a chance he’ll be buffed next exp given their recent patch.

Both Ash and Soldier 76 have to be played correctly. I just had a match where we didn’t push the payload until the end as Junkrat but I took Soldier 76 in defense round and they couldn’t even capture first point.

It’s because of running the platforms and taking high ground. Map: Numbani. It’s not always efficient because sometimes, you will have 3 players dealing with you and your team mates won’t do anything while 3 players are on you.

1 Like

S76 is just self-sufficient, but cant do sheesh against good teams. Bad ult, no utility. Can solo cary against pepegas as a smurf having like 1000-1500 sr above the certain rank.

1 Like

Yes he is the best DPS in the game at the moment with the highest winrates at higher ranks

Because basically Soldier is the best allround dps hero you can get
He is a Hero with no counters he is great on every single map in the game . Other dps like Tracer Hanzo have good or bad maps.
Soldier is great on any map.

I wont mention Heros like Torn Bastion Junkrat Sym. These heros cannot be balanced at higher ranks because they totally ruin the game at lower ranks we have seen what happens when Torb Bastion Sym gets buffed its a disaster.

But but to the topic , yeah Soldier has great damage good bust with the rocket.
Self heal to deal with flankers.

He is the best allrounder with no counters, his damage is too high atm.

I dont really think they should nerf him.
Would like to see some small buffs to tracer and sombra shake up ther meta a bit.

Maybe nerf soldiers damage at range by about 10%

Not to mention his respawn time is much better than Mcree with his sprint. Soldier can get back into the action faster which is huge huge deal.

He also beats Mcree and medium and long range most of the time because its far easier to hit all your shots. Unless mcree gets headshots against a jumping strafing soldier hes dead.

I think hitscan have been too strong for a while now.
Tracer which i love to play but i have to play like a god where soldier i get better results playing worse.

I would like too see more rewarding heros like Tracer being meta once again so i dont have to play Soldier every dam game

He has some of the best Utility in the game. He has no counters (maybe doomfist softcounter)

He has super fast respawn with the Sprint
He can heal to force flankers to run away, he can heal his team.

He has amazing ult Nano Viser is almost as good as nanoblade and can easily win teamfights.

He is the best DPS in the game atm.
OP he is but only slightly.

You can’t chip him out of his position, and he can always run if you try to get him. He is able to put on pressure and requires more than 1 player to deal with. You couple that with hog/dv.a, ball and tracer and suddenly everything is a self sufficient threat that requires more than 1 player to deal with.

I have a hard time taking this seriously. Soldier has bad maps and counters like everyone else.

1 Like