Is Soldier 76 still gay?

that doesnt mean he’s not gay tho?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Is Soldier still gay?

I hope! :rofl:

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I think Blizzard will be deliberately avoiding any deeper attention to Soldier’s sexuality because of their market share in homophobic countries (China, Russia). Though I might be proven wrong. I do hope I’d be proven wrong because companies being LGBT+ friendly just because it benefits them in certain situations is icky af. Unfortunately that’s what I expect from them and have seen from them but it’s still icky.

Yeah yeah, nay-sayers are always gonna harp about how “all u gays or whatnot want extra attention without base” but like, that’s not what I’m commenting here. I understand certain relationships might be more plot relevant but I’m just saying: I wouldn’t be surprised at all if gay male relationships were ignored altogether cuz they have no market value. I mean, straight males may find lesbians hot so as far as companies go there’s no audience for m/m relationships in an FPS :expressionless:. They just tease it when it benefits them (“We are such an inclusive company!”) and then ignore it.

1 Like

Your Mccarthyism is showing. Chinese I kinda understand, even movie industries pander to that demographic since they have such a huge economic impact, but Russians?

Russia literally has passed laws not allowing “lgbt propaganda”

3 Likes

Ok, that is pretty awful, but I am pretty sure Russia is hardly a factor in their business practices. Like where is the evidence that Blizzard is going crazy over the Russian demographic. I agree with the Chinese market since Blizzard has censored bones in World of Warcraft for the Chinese players.

why

It’s a cultural thing. It’s called localization and it’s an absolutely normal practice for games and movies.

Why’s it being avoided, what’s your theory, let’s hear it?

I thought Reyes/reaper was that guy with Jack when they were like together as a Gay Couple or different?

It always made more sense to me that Jack Morrison would make a gay couple with Gabriel Reyes, given their strong partnership while in Overwatch.

Yea and also why would Reyes/Reaper hate his Guts after that Overwatch Fight Blow out. Would it be a emotional event that they were lovers at the time before the Fight that scared both of them?

At some point it would make some sense.

1 Like

Men can be friends without being romantically linked.

I thankfully know that!