Is SAE1 server dead?

Everybody from South America is being placed in ORD1 or worse servers.

1 Like

Nope, Blizzard servers are just placing people in the wrong servers again. Just got placed in SAEL even though I’m supposed to connect to Chicago(ORD1). Just wait it out, they’ll fix it.

hahahahahahahaha blizzard fix their game?

Blizzard’s software picks a server based on where your connection looks like it is originating from. If the ISP is routing you far away from the usual server, you’ll be placed elsewhere. Blizzard has no control over ISP routing arrangements.

I don’t think that’s the case here. All players from South America are being re-routed elsewhere. I use a VPN software that reduces ping and is always able to locate all Overwatch servers. The servers in Brazil are all gone for the last few days. It would be nice to have some kind of official response from Blizzard, so we can know if the servers are permanently gone, or just temporarily disabled.

first of all, i want to apologize to post this in the English forum but i get no answer from the Spanish one, that being said…

Me and a couple of friends (and people in matchs) are experimenting way higher ping than usual, at least me and my friends have all different internet companies so that isn’t de issue.

Whats going on?

1 Like

The servers in Brazil are gone for the last few days. We can only hope it’s a temporary problem. I’m being placed in the ORD1 server all the time, which seems to be located in Chicago (United States).

I have no idea what’s going on, but the south american servers are very unstable rn. One match I get 60 ping then 120 then 40 then 150, 180 and finaly 200. And I’m not the only one. everyone on the match had the same ping as me. Please look into this, I’m on a winning streak on tank and I don’t wanna loose it.

2 Likes

x2 imagine how sad it is to actually having to post this in the English forum because the Spanish one is forgotten…

1 Like

Hit Ctrl-Shift-N and see which server you’re connected to.

Very likely, you’re no connected to SAE1 (Brazil) because that one seems dead. No word from Blizzard.

1 Like

Yeah. SAE1 is dead for me also. I’m posting here, hoping Blizzard notices… Playing with 150ms latency feels really awful.

Hey all,

Thanks for reporting this! It looks our engineers were alerted to a situation and thankfully have already resolved it. Double checking the reporting it looks like users impacted by this should have their latency back to normal.

If anyone is having lingering issues please provide a winMTR so we can help track the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! It seems to be fixed for me. I’m getting SAE1 servers again.

yup its working everything again, thanks!